Healthcare is one of the fastest growing sectors of the US economy, but the industry faces many challenges in delivering value to providers and payers and in improving patient care outcomes in a highly dynamic marketplace. HGS is at the forefront of defining and building solutions to address those challenges using a go-fast agile approach driven by small teams that rely on and value the contributions of each team member.
The HGS Customer Enablement Team has an immediate opening for a Ux/UI Experience Designer.
- Developing personas, user flows and scenarios, goal/task analyses, and other key tools of user-centered design
- Developing UX centric dashboard and report designs that simplify and enhance the insights acquired from complex data analytics platforms
- Working closely with product owners, clinical SMEs and engineers throughout the product lifecycle
- Conducting usability studies
- Developing wireframes and mockups for Business Dashboards and Reports (Interactive, Real-time and Historical Views)
- Conducting industry research and staying current on best practices, competitor user interface designs, and emerging technologies
- Augmenting vendor capabilities into our UI’s
- Participating in user research activities enabling the team to build a deep and rich understanding of how our vendors and customers will use our products
- Knowledge of accessibility, usability principles, and interaction design
- Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills
- Ability to work collaboratively on a cross-functional team with product and developers for implementation of designs
- experience working in an agile software environment
- BS degree and / or 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- UI/UX design & development principles
- Healthcare IT and commercial and/or Federal health domain experience
- Experience using BI Reporting tools (e.g., D3 JS / Web Based Applications, Tablue, Microsoft Power BI ,AWS QuickSight)
- Experience using UX design tools such Adobe XD, Basalmiq, Axure, Figma, etc.
- Strong HTML and CSS skills desired
- Experience working in agile teams
- Self-motivated and focused on delivering outcomes
- Resilient with the ability to find innovative ways around against roadblocks
- Enthusiasm and curiosity to explore and pick up new technologies and concepts
- Ability to translate abstract concepts into concrete designs
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Pay Range:Pay Range $110,500.00 - $170,000.00 - $229,500.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.