As Division CTO you will provide technical leadership for IT services, application development, data center hosting and strategic initiatives for Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) activity. In this role you will act as both a technology and business expert, making decisions that will impact the current and future operations of a diverse portfolio of activity. We are seeking a highly skilled CTO with a storied history in the technological sector, preferably with CMS experience. CTO's are tasked with making executive technology decisions on behalf of the company, including managing a technology budget and making investments to align the company with their vision for its technological needs. You should be a strategic thinker, an effective communicator and an expert in technological development.
As a member of the Division’s senior leadership team you will establish clear objectives and effectively communicate business needs, architectural objectives, and expected deliverables to Division, and Programs. You will be responsible to set a vision for how technology will be used throughout ensuring that the technological resources meet the organization’s short and long-term needs. Key activities will include setting the strategic direction for the organization, outlining the goals for research and development and creating timelines for the development and deployment of all technological services. The position will help to drive executive decisions on behalf of the division’s technological requirements and maintain a customer focused outlook to deliver solutions to drive increased performance.
You must lead, guide, direct, and encourage teams to develop technical strategies and coordinate across matrixed stakeholders to ensure delivery of high-quality, robust and scalable solutions with minimal business impact. In this role you will be the organization’s primary technical POC to our customers, developing new service strategies and assisting CMS in their enterprise goals and architectural efforts.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Setting organization technology policies, strategies and roadmap.
- Engaging with customers to understand mission and provide strategic approach that will meet short and long-term goals.
- Support the development and timely delivery of organization solutions and investments.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to programs and program CTOs.
- Provide technical guidance across the organization to ensure solutions satisfy customer and business needs with minimal impact to other functional areas.
- Champion and Sponsor new technology insertion and implementation projects.
- Coordinate closely with client leadership and engineering team members to establish a clear understanding of business needs, drive design choices, and develop effective technology deployment strategies that allow for future growth and improvements.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders across the organization to gain the necessary support for the successful integration of new technologies and enhancements to existing systems.
- Establish and enforce standard procedures for product selection and system design changes that include an impact analysis and coordination of activities across all functional areas of the organization.
- Provide consulting to customer stakeholders on approaches.
- Actively participate in engineering groups on enterprise computing changes.
Masters with 15 years of prior relevant experience or BS with 20 years of experience.
- Must be experienced in developing strategic plans for deployment of IT services and system upgrades.
- Previous experience leading engineering teams with hands-on experience in multiple, diverse network and system security technologies.
- Hands on experience and knowledge with multiple types of technologies.
- Organization leadership experience.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, dealing with multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Expertise in understanding and mitigating risks to business operations.
All candidates supporting the HHS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.