No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies” Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear.
NISC IV currently has several openings at multiple levels for a terminal instrument procedures (TERPS) Instrument Flight Procedures Specialist supporting the FAA National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC) program in its Oklahoma City, OK location. The TERPS Flight Procedures Specialist provides support to the FAA Instrument Flight Procedures (IFP) Group (AJV-A4). Primary support for this position will be to the IFP Production teams. Provides technical expertise to FAA Aeronautical Information Services Group and Service Area Flight Procedures Teams on the concepts and principles contained in FAA Order 8260.3 United States Standard for Terminal Instrument Procedures (TERPS), FAA Order 8260.19 Flight Procedures and Airspace, and other applicable Orders and Directives that pertain to IFP development.
Duties will involve a wide range of functions:
- Support the amendment of current and new FAA IFPs.
- Determine the effect of proposed obstructions, altered or deactivated airports, NAVAID outages, and revisions to controlled airspace as they affect instrument flight procedures.
- Review aeronautical information released to confirm that air navigation information and technical data content is accurate and correct.
- Initiate corrective action where discrepancies are discovered and accomplish amendment(s) for affected procedure(s).
- If required, provide background information to FAA for the development of Notice to Airman (NOTAM). Coordinate as necessary with FAA Tech Ops, Flight Check, and Air Traffic personnel. Other contacts include regional and field FAA offices, National Flight Data Center, military and airline representatives, state and local aviation officials, and aircraft and airport operators.
The candidate will have demonstrated experience in any of the following:
- Airspace and Procedures background (Instrument Flight Procedures)
- Air Traffic Control Experience (FAA, Contractor or Military)
- Commercial Instrument Rated Pilot (Military or Civilian)
- Certified Instrument Flight Instructor A degree in an Aeronautics, Aviation, or Air Traffic Control career field.
- Previous experience with FAA or DoD terminal instrument procedures (TERPS).
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, and 8+ years of experience.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.