The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services, & Support (SENS3) for the continued operations and maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN).
The candidate will support the SENS3 contract and function as lead for the Data Support Center located at the Intelligence Enterprise Operations Center in Stennis, Mississippi. The Data Support Center Lead is responsible for ensuring customer requests and incidents are processed in a timely and professional manner in a 24 by 7 operational environment. Oversee personnel, provide continual analyst training, process improvement and satisfy administrative requirements in compliance with Leidos corporate and HR policies. Ensure consistent delivery of numerous Leidos and DHS daily, weekly and monthly deliverables. Maintain awareness of HSDN and C-LAN site status through various monitoring tools and provide sufficient notification to all stakeholders. Respond to and manage impacts to the network, other data centers, and field sites. During periods of outages or degradation to systems and services, the candidate will be expected to exhaust all troubleshooting efforts and coordinate conference calls with customers and engineers to achieve restoration of DHS services and applications.
- Must have an active TS/SCI Clearance
- At least 8 years of combined relevant experience in Information Technology and Management/Supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's Degree. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Strong customer service experience
- Evidence of past team building success
- Evidence of implemented and successful process improvement strategies
- Proven Information Technology troubleshooting and experience with Networking, Security, Server, Exchange, Active Directory, SCCM, and Microsoft full Office suite.
- Proven capacity to understand and troubleshoot complex enterprise level network environments as they relate to Secret and Top Secret equipment.
- Provide technical expertise and assist with network integration and consolidation efforts across multiple systems environments.
- Addresses and resolves technical problems of moderate complexity relating to the installation and upgrade of network hardware and systems.
- Interface with customers, vendors and other technical staff to analyze business and technical requirements.
- Document engineering standards, supports the development of network architecture and engineering designs and changes.
- Assist in evaluating current and emerging technologies, conducts technical assessments and makes recommendation to senior engineers.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Effectively complete individual projects and tasks with some oversight.
- CCNA Routing and Switching
- MCSA Windows 10
- Security+ and CE
- Network+ and CE
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.