The Staffing Manager will be responsible for the SSA program’s short-term and long-term staffing needs. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, providing support for the project staffing needs of the program including supporting project staffing plans, forecasting staffing needs, filling staffing positions, maintaining staffing qualifications oversight, managing retention of staffing, managing on-boarding and off-boarding of staff, coordinating staffing recruitment that span team members and business components as well as working closely with Leidos HR and Talent Acquisition staff. The Staffing Manager will mentor and guide subordinate staff as appropriate. The Staffing Manager will also be an active participant in planning and organizing job fairs, in-house recruitment events, virtual hiring events, and vendor relations. Duties may also include administrative tasks in such functional areas as finance, human resources, purchasing, research and development. May prepare budgeting, project scheduling, and statistical reports as required.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- Creates a vision, based upon data, for a team/business and develops scalable strategies that capture the best talent
- Evolves and implements labor acquisition strategies inclusive of employee class recommendations, labor pool utilization, talent pool conversion and other channel resources
- Partners with program leadership teams to include but not limited to Operations, Finance, Human Resources, and associated workflow teams to optimize staffing requirements
- Develops and maintains relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to build long term partnerships
- Manages the analyses of daily, weekly, and monthly reporting of Workforce Staffing performance via Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Forecast labor demand plans and create scalable staffing strategies to build infrastructure and ensure team resource capabilities meet business demand
- Evolves and implements strategies based off consistently changing needs of the business by tracking hiring event schedules and forecasted attendance rates
- Leads and drives projects, of increasing scale and complexity, and manages programs through completion
- Sets KPI’s benchmarks, metrics, and understands how to prioritize to meet and exceed all business SLAs
- Manage and own cost per hire budgets through oversight of labor acquisition, advertising and other talent acquisition costs
- Manage and build strategies to optimize candidate cycle time, conversion rates and applicant funnel metrics to benchmark
- Build and foster community engagement and sourcing strategies and demonstrate through data return on investment
- Collaborates with HR, Talent Acquisition, hiring managers, and other key stakeholders in support of targeted outreach and job recruiting events and activities
- Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables
- Provides support and key staffing updates to Division Manager and Portfolio Managers as required.
- Works closely with subordinate staff and provides coaching and guidance as appropriate.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- BA degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Will consider 4+ years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Excellent communication skills and ability to adapt in an Agile Environment.
- Significant experience managing complex staffing and resource requirements.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience recruiting and staffing IT positions for large technical programs.
- Solid and proven interviewing methods and skills
- Required skills include mastery-level of the following: Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Collaboration and Conferencing Tools (MS Teams, Skype, Webex)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:ADP2 / IT2
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.