Leidos is looking for a Sr Power Systems Engineer. This position provides support for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Power Services Group under the National Air-Space Implementation Support Contract (NISC) with respect to power engineering. The successful candidate will:
- Provide engineering consultation for compliance with FAA and industry standards and best practices and provide recommendations for solutions in all phases of the system’s lifecycle including: contract, policy, site survey, design and design review, and implementation.
- Participate in the development, administration, management, logistic, and strategy of project planning and implementation Perform engineering design, calculation and drawing, and analysis.
The following set of skills/knowledge will lead to successful career in this position:
- Knowledge and direct work experience in power system and related engineering/drawing software is a must.
- Experience with some or all of the following are required: short circuit coordination, arc flash studies, engine generator, UPS, grounding, lightning protection.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of FAA systems, technical policies, standards and orders.
- Provide engineering design, analysis, calculation and drawings that are compliance with FAA and industry standards and best practices and provide recommendations for solutions in all phases of the system’s lifecycle including: contract, policy, site survey, design and design review, and implementation.
- Participate in the development, administration, management, logistic, and strategy of project planning and implementation
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8+ years of professional experience; or 6+ years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
- Power engineering experience is a must. Other electrical engineering discipline must have strong knowledge of power systems.
- Recent experience in using power systems tools such as SKM and engineering drawing tool such as AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of national/international/government standards and orders on power system design and technologies, short circuit coordination, arc flash studies, engine generator, UPS and other systems.
Pay Range:Pay Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 - $189,000.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.