Do you want to join a high-performing team that values integrity, innovation, and collaboration with a company whose mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science? Are you interested making a difference by applying your CAD and 3D modeling expertise toward state-of-the-art research and development problems? Leidos currently has an exciting opening for a CAD modeling expert to work in our Beavercreek, Ohio office.
- Use 3-dimensionsal (3D) Computer Aided Design (CAD) Software such as Rhino, Siemens NX, CREO, and/or Solidworks to create 3D surface and solid models
- Utilize 3D scanning tools and covert their outputs into highly accurate 3D models for advanced research and development
- Create detailed geometric CAD models and meshes in IGES, AFACET, or other industry standard formats of military targets
- Use created CAD models as input to CEM or other computational software (such as CFD, CIR)
- Model components or entire vehicles
- Write and present technical information related to development activities
- US citizenship
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of experience or a Masters (or higher) and 6+ years of experience
- Additional years of experience in lieu of a degree will be considered
- Industry experience using 3D CAD software
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, figures, and blueprints
- Ability to convert and manipulate 3D scan data (point clouds, mesh data, etc.) into highly accurate 3D CAD models
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of 3D geometry, surface, and solid modelling CAD software such as Rhino, Siemens NX, CREO, and/or Solidworks
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient with technical writing, documentation, and organization
- Strong attention to detail
- Initiative and ability to work unassisted and in a team environment
- Familiarity with geometry concepts such as mathematical shape descriptions, vector math, and matrix transformations
- Active SECRET clearance is desired, with an ability to obtain a TS//SCI clearance
- ACAD Experience
- Cubit Experience
- Exposure/Experience with Computation Electromagnetics (CEM), Computation Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Computation Infrared (CIR)
- Experience applying 3D scanning techniques and using 3D scanning tools
- Polyworks and Pointwise experience
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.