The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) SOC is a US Government program responsible to prevent, identify, contain and eradicate cyber threats to ICE networks through monitoring, intrusion detection and protective security services to DHS information systems including local area networks/wide area networks (LAN/WAN), commercial Internet connection, public facing websites, wireless, mobile/cellular, cloud, security devices, servers and workstations.
The ICE SOC is responsible for the overall security of ICE Enterprise-wide information systems, and collects, investigates and reports any suspected and confirmed security violations.
Leidos is seeking a Security Operations Center (SOC) Cyber Information Security Engineer to support a federal customer within the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Security Operations Center (SOC).
- Provides subject matter expertise on enterprise information security architecture as applied to the organization's overall security strategy.
- Advises program on overall risk levels and security posture.
- Serves as an internal consultant and advisor in own area(s) of expertise (e.g., technology, tools, standards, best practices, processes, etc.).
- Manages and conducts hands-on technical analysis as a supplement to the Incident Response and Forensics Teams during high-visibility or high-workload investigations
- Provides subject matter expertise in the development of cyber operations specific indicators measuring success and attainment of team goals and objectives.
- Articulates daily challenges to the Task Lead to support SOC development and growth
- Interprets and advises on patterns of noncompliance with program standards and adherence to industry best practices to determine their impact on levels of risk and/or overall effectiveness of the team’s cyber security mission and objectives.
- Interprets and advises on appropriate application of laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures to specific issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer/Engineering Science, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or related field and 8+ years of relevant work experience
- 3-5 years of work experience in Cybersecurity engineering
- Experience with developing/integrating cybersecurity designs for systems and networks
- Experience with documenting and addressing organizational information security, cybersecurity architecture, and systems security engineering requirements
- Experience with developing system security context, a preliminary system security CONOPS, and define baseline system security requirements in accordance with applicable cybersecurity requirements
- Experience with documenting the protection needs (i.e. security controls) for information system(s) and network(s)
- Ability to perform security reviews, identify gaps in security architecture, and develop a security risk management plan
- Ability to develop a system security context, a preliminary system security CONOPS, and define baseline system security requirements in accordance with applicable cybersecurity requirements
- Experience with vulnerability scanning tools to include those supporting operation system, web application, database assessments,
- Skill in translating operational requirements into protection needs (i.e. security controls)
- Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) work experience
- Hands on experience with Windows/Linux operations to include configuration, maintenance, and management
- Cybersecurity Certifications: At least one of the following: CISSP, CCSP, CCNA,CISSP-ISSAP,CISSP-ISSEP, GIAC, SSCP, Security+ (or equivalent as approved by the Government)
- Secret Clearance (Eligible)
- Ability to execute technology and/or tool automation processes.
- Ability to optimize systems and/or tools to meet enterprise performance requirements.
- Technical (hands-on) experience with Cyber Security Incident Handling, Malware Analysis, Security Monitoring, Cyber Security Compliance, Cyber Security Risk assessments, and technical procedure documentation
- Knowledge of operations testing and evaluation methods as they relate to the Cyber Security area of expertise.
- Experience managing a technical team in an operational environment (SOC considered a plus)
- Experience in network and cyber security design, engineering and operations
- Experience with NIST SP 800 series or ISO 27000 series documents for information security management and risk assessment
- Understanding of DevOps/Agile concepts and processes
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.