Would you like to work with a team that relies on your top-notch technical writing expertise to support a highly-technical and professional management focused team? Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires Leidos' support to provide expert technical and professional management capabilities to the command's enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. As Technical Writer/Quality Assurance Specialist, you will support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem, and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks.
Our Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense group is seeking a seasoned Technical Writer/Quality Assurance Specialist to work with our established NORAD/USNORTHCOM Colorado Springs, CO team. This position will report directly to the program leadership, with regular interaction with the Program Manager and Government POCs.
What will you do in this role?
• Work closely with the Asset Manager, SME’s, and Engineers to support the development of technical documentation
• Assist in converting existing documents into XML, HTML and hyperlinked PDF multimedia files
• Be able to describe complex and technical topics in a clear, concise, and accurate manner
• Research and obtain available manuals, technical writing, editing, illustration and publication information, as required• Conduct Quality Assurance audits on the Program’s functional areas and submit results via the Common Audit Database (CAD)
• Report results to local Program Manager and the Govt Quality Service Owner
• Assist the Program Management Staff with process creation and Continual Service Improvement (CSI) projects
• Conduct Engineering Review Boards on Quality Audit findings and customer deliverables
• Upload deliverables to the Government SharePoint
• Track program deliverables to ensure on time submission of all requirements
These are required qualifications...
• Bachelor’s degree and 4 + years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with 2+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience can be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
• Excellent written communication and grammatical skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Experience working directly with engineers and other technical SMEs
• Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and coordinate deadlines
These are preferred qualifications...
• Prior experience with DoD communication entities
• Prior experience with working with multiple entities simultaneously
• Prior experience with XML/HTML
• Prior experience with developing technical data for DoD programs
• Exposure to NORAD/USNORTHCOM missions and units
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,200.00 - $88,000.00 - $118,800.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.