The Leidos Civil Team has an opening for a junior Technical Writer to support the Federal Aviation Administration in Washington, DC.
Leidos has position(s) that are responsible for providing technical writing expertise to assist the Office of Information Technology (AIT) in the creation of documentation of developed (and partially developed) applications, plans, and procedures. Specifically the Technical Writer will:
- Support the revision of documents as the need arises e.g. changes to functional requirements documents, changes to system design documents, etc.
- Support the development and creation of documents and procedures by providing technical writing skills commensurate with current business practices (plain language) and continuous process improvement methodologies
- Support groups in the participation of meetings and providing technical writing input for documentation needs
- Support the group by documenting meeting and teleconference minutes
- Support Document coordination – both internal and external to Flight Standards
- Support the proposal of timelines for documents, after which, the FAA will approve
- Provide MMEL support for production and publication related to managing public comments
- Provide support to ensure 508 Compliance for posted documents
- Provide support for AEG policy letter production and publication
- Provide input and suggestions for writing style guides and internal standard operating procedures (SOP’s) for supported documents
- Provide support in the coordination of submitted documents, including the review and comment process outlined in the appropriate FAA order and FS QMS process as well as post coordination including the resolution of comments and preparing the final document version for division level approval
- Support the publication preparation process support that includes those steps to finalize an approved document for release to the workforce and the public. This work includes the conversion or encoding of approved documents for release to the FSIMS/DRS Librarian
- Support for the maintenance and retention of backup files in an electronic format for archival and update purpose
- Support the production of deliverables as electronic copies of files, reports and products by assigned dates. Acceptable electronic formats are the current versions of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point, and Microsoft Project, and Adobe Acrobat
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of relevant experience. However, additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must have experience with 508 Compliance
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications and publishing tools like Adobe Acrobat
- Must have experience supporting the FAA
Pay Range:Pay Range $48,750.00 - $75,000.00 - $101,250.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.