Leidos is seeking an experienced public health analyst for our National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) program for CDC.
This position will develop computer programs (primarily using SAS) to monitor data quality; communicate with users regarding issues with the NHSN surveillance system activities and protocols; support NHSN users on higher-level questions related to facility set-up, data collection, and running system reports; organize study files, including data and correspondence files; and triage users questions to infection preventionists.
To provide help desk support and training for dialysis or long term care (LTC):
- Lead the Establishing of program standards, policies, strategies, goals and evaluation plans in conjunction with senior staff
- Provides guidance on NHSN dialysis/LTC helpdesk inquiries that require complex analysis and/or advanced knowledge of NHSN reporting criteria, enrollment procedures, and surveillance protocols
- Lead user outreach and education and provides consultation and technical assistance to dialysis and long term care provider groups, quality improvement organizations, and health departments in order to support their healthcare-associated infection (HAI) prevention, surveillance, and response activities, and to meet NHSN data quality needs.
- Leads epidemiological investigation, research and other technical assistance.
- Provide technical support with the NHSN help desk emails regarding dialysis, long term care, acute care, congregate settings and vaccine user groups.
- Identify and create necessary NHSN module/manual updates and mechanisms for electronic reporting to NHSN resulting from technological advancements, infection/disease trends, changing or broadening nursing responsibilities or yearly updates of system components
- Participates in management conference calls and meetings with the leadership team regarding change requests to the NHSN surveillance systems
- Prepares and presents educational trainings about NHSN to professional organizations and governmental bodies at national, state and local levels.
- Participates in special DHQP studies or projects.
MS, MPH, MSPH in public health or related field and 5years of experience.
Previous CDC or government experience.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.