Leidos' Corporate Information Security (CIS), Cybersecurity Operations, has an immediate opening for the Director of the Cybersecurity Intelligence & Response Team (CSIRT). Leidos CSIRT takes an intelligence driven approach to cyber defense with a focus on threats, adversary tactics, techniques, and behaviors.
This is an opportunity to lead a team of highly skilled and innovative network defenders, and the best group of individuals out there. Our goal is to stay ahead of and maintain a technical advantage over our adversaries using the latest technical advancements, including custom built cybersecurity capabilities. As the leader your responsibilities will include leading the Intrusions, Digital Forensics, and CSIRT Development teams to monitor, detect, mitigate, perform incident response as well as partner with other teams and functions across the company to defend Leidos.
- Lead and execute the cyber defense for Leidos 24/7/365
- Monitor the external threat environment for emerging threats, advising relevant stakeholders, and supporting the coordination with external agencies, such as law enforcement and other advisory bodies, to ensure that the organization maintains a strong security posture
- Continue to innovate our defensive processes and capabilities to support the company’s digital transformation to hybrid and multi-cloud environments
- Partner with the business to demonstrate CSIRT’s capabilities driving business growth in cyber security
- Coordinate and collaborate with industry partners, external agencies, and law enforcement
- Lead incident response activities
- Evolve CSIRT metrics to provide insight into our defensive posture, threats, and capability value to Cybersecurity Operations and CIS leadership, enterprise risk teams, executive business leaders, and the board of directors as part of a strategic enterprise risk management program
- 15 years of experience relevant to information technology and cybersecurity with at least 7 of those years in cybersecurity
- Strong and demonstratable leadership skills and experience
- Demonstratable experience communicating information security and risk-related concepts effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstratable experience with cyber threat modeling frameworks (i.e., CKC, ATT&CK, Diamond model, etc.)
- Experience leading Incident Response activities
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills and demonstrate poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations
- Must have strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Must have experience leading high performing security intelligence teams
- Ability to obtain a clearance
- Bachelors Degree
- Active security clearance
- Experience with “purple team” activities
- Experience briefing senior and executive level leaders
- Experience supporting to Legal and other functions with forensic investigations
- Experience with Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) tools
- Experience with Cyber Kill Chain and ATT&CK methodologies
- Information security experience as a DoD and/or Intelligence Community employee or contractor
- Experience with the development, implementation, and maintenance of technical solutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of common information security management frameworks such as ISO/IEC 27001, NIST, CMMC, and an understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements such as Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Payment Card Industry/Data Security Standard.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.