The QRC Airborne ISR Systems Division of the Airborne Solutions Group of Leidos currently has multiple opportunities for Airborne Sensor Operators (ASO) supporting a USSOCOM manned ISR program that will be based OCONUS. Leidos will provide contracted aircrew for an ISR aircraft providing imagery and multi-source data for both real-time and after-action analysis. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping USSOCOM.
- The ASO will be responsible for routine and dynamic target area assessment using full motion video while providing analysis and distribution of multi-source information via on-board aircraft communications systems.
- In this role you will need to possess a combination of maturity, skill and experience to function safely and effectively as an aircrew member in a tactical ISR environment.
- Will be required to operate E/O IR sensors, and communications equipment.
- Execute all assigned preflight, flight, and post flight duties as required to safely and effectively operate an assigned sensor suite supporting a variety of USSOCOM missions. This includes, mission planning, pre-briefings, mission system inspection, operation, troubleshooting, post-flight inspections, debriefings, intelligence product preparation and distribution, and mission documentation.
- The ASO may also assist with performing sensor upgrades and maintenance.
To be considered for these positions a candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Must have flight hours as an aircrew member on a multi-place military or government ISR contract aircraft, possess excellent CRM skills, and be able to apply ORM principles.
- Be willing to deploy for rotations of at least 90 days to various OCONUS operating locations as directed by the Government and willing to travel for long periods of time, work long hours and / or non-regular hours with minimal notice. Be willing to work in Hardship and Hazardous locations.
- Must be able to travel to Bridgewater VA for training.
- Must show demonstrable interpretation and analysis experience with one or more of the following sensor systems: E/O-IR FMV, SAR, ELINT.
- Previous ICS communication experience required.
- Must be able to successfully accomplish airborne mission / flight operations, mapping operations and image analysis.
- Must be able to successfully accomplish the CONUS Replacement Center course, which requires compliance with certain medical standards, a successful deployment physical examination, immunizations, and training.
- Be able to proficiently operate assigned sensors while airborne for extended periods.
- Have or be able to obtain a FAA Class II medical certificate or military equivalent.
- Have or be able to successfully complete altitude chamber / physiological training.
- Have an active Top Secret SCI or a Top Secret with SCI eligibility with the ability to maintain.
- Be able to obtain a passport and or visa to travel internationally
- MX-15/20/25 experience.
- Previous ISR Warden experience.
- Air-to-Air and Air-to-Ground communication coordination experience desired.
- Previous JTAC or USSOCOM ISR mission/intelligence product support experience.
- Previous ISR and or instructor/evaluator experience in a combat environment is desired.
- Previous KUSS, PRC-117, VORTEX, data link experience desired.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 100% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:12 Hour Shift Pattern
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.