Here at Leidos we are currently looking for you, our next Research Scientist, to work at Kirtland AFB, NM. This is an exciting opportunity to work at government locations primarily on Kirtland AFB, NM in laboratory settings engaging in research and development of new and innovative high power microwave (HPM) sources and antennas. The work will include managing Research & Development activities, interacting with scientists, engineers and technicians to design and model new systems, developing test infrastructures, conducting laboratory tests, analyzing test results, and writing and presenting test summary reports and scientific reports.
Fun stuff you will do on the job:
- The successful candidate will work in a new laboratory with modern equipment to bring innovative ideas to the field of HPM Research & Development.
- The successful candidate will design, model, test, and characterize high power microwave sources, including magnetrons, Vircators and unique sources, and innovative narrowband and broadband antenna concepts and prototypes.
- The candidate will work with other scientists, and engineers and technicians.
- The candidate will design, develop and field diagnostics and data acquisition systems necessary to characterize sources and antennas.
- The candidate will attend meetings and provide status updates on work activities.
- The candidate will provide written reports and PowerPoint slides to present finding and innovative solutions.
This is you:
- MS in Physics or Electrical Engineering with 6+ years of experience working in a Research & Development laboratory or an additional 2 years of experience with a Bachelor's degree
- Expertise using modeling and simulation software (e.g. ICEPIC, HFSS, CST MICROWAVE STUDIO®, COMSOL Multiphysics) to design and modify HPM sources and antennas.
- Experience conducting laboratory tests of HPM sources and antennas
- Ability to analyze data and write accurate and concise test summary reports
- Ability to work well in a laboratory environment and with scientific peers
- Current DoD Secret security clearance
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
Wow us even more if you have this:
- PhD in Physics or Electrical Engineering
External Referral Eligible
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.