Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTER!
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for an Extract, Transform and Loading (ETL) Developer on an AWS NextGen Big Data Team. The developer will leverage standard and custom tools for Extract, Transform and Loading of data between databases for the customer. The role requires the development custom code/scripts to quickly extract, triage and exploit data across domains and data. This position will serve with a group of ETLers supporting enterprise requirements and relaying feedback to teams that may be working unclassified.
- ETL Developer is responsible for troubleshooting and managing the enterprise data flows.
- Required to read, analyze and digest what the enterprise want to accomplish with its data and design the best possible ETL process to support those objectives.
- Provide scripting support to enhance dataset access solutions.
- Serve as a functional day-to-day operational lead for ETL in an AWS environment
- A must have minimum of 8 years of experience with data modeling.
- In depth experience with relational databases, such as MySQL, that utilize SQL queries.
- In depth ETL/Data Integration experience using Shell Scripting, Python, ElasticSearch
- In depth experience with Nifi and ElasticSearch
- Well versed with using version control systems
- Well versed with using issue/problem tracking systems
- Candidate must have BS with 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Eligible
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.