Leidos, Inc. is seeking a Contracts Representative to support its National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV). The NISC IV program provides diverse and critical support the Federal Aviation Administration. The Contract Representative will provide overall contract compliance of assigned tasks in accordance with contract requirements, company policy and procedures, and applicable laws.
The Contracts Representative should have progressive experience providing cradle-to-grave contract administration support for Government contracts including RFP analysis, hands-on proposal development including the development of terms and conditions, coordination of appropriate internal reviews, contract negotiation, and contract/task order administration and execution.
What’s in it for you:
This position will telework approximately 60% of the time but must be within commutable distance of L’Enfant Plaza in Washington, DC and Gaithersburg, MD to attend in person meetings with the Contracts Team and NISC client groups. The selected candidate will work with Senior Contracts Management staff to develop additional competencies making this position an excellent opportunity to advance your career as you gain valuable experience in contracts management, negotiations, and proposal support. Additionally, as a full-time Leidos employee, the incumbent will be eligible to participate in Leidos benefits including Healthcare and 401K.
What we are looking for:
Candidate must be a motivated self-start able to work independently as well as part of a team of contract professionals supporting a large program with multiple task orders. The selected candidate must be detailed, solutions and goal oriented. The candidate must be able to communicate clearly and professionally in written and verbal communications with other contracts and procurement staff, functional peers, Program management and external and internal customers. **Keep reading for Basic Qualifications**
- Support existing task orders, to include assisting in contract negotiations, resolve performance issues, ensure compliance with Leidos policies, procedures as well as government and contract requirements.
- Work with Senior Contracts staff to increase knowledge base.
- Develops solutions to problems and issues that are unclear and require thorough analyses and understanding of domain knowledge.
- Regularly interact with Task Order managers, contracts, project control, finance, business development and with customers as required.
- Attend early capture sessions to determine specific information and requirements in order to apply the correct contracts skills, techniques, methods and resources
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field and 2+ years prior relevant experience.
- Knowledge within government contracts arena including working knowledge of DAR and DFAR with particular emphasis on proposal support preferred.
- Strong negotiation skills, including experience negotiating complex terms and conditions.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated success in establishing partnerships and using interpersonal skills to deal effectively with executive management and staff
- Ability to establish relationships internally and within the Leidos community.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:1000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.