This position provides support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Power Services Group (PSG) under the National Air-Space Implementation Support Contract (NISC). In this role you will support the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) NISC support team with the goal of providing outstanding customer service to the FAA’s Power Services Group (PSG) and its 12 electrical power system areas. The program ensures that NAS Air Traffic Control operational electrical needs are met with high quality, robust, reliable, fault tolerant electrical power. Additionally, the program sustains and supports the existing electrical power components and systems that include prime power, power conditioning, power regulation, power distribution, backup power, grounding, monitoring, and electrical power cable infrastructure.
ERMS provides power system sensors and interfaces to the Environmental Remote Monitoring System network, which reports power system status to the operations control centers. The information provides the FAA with real-time data on the status of the systems, allowing a prompt response to system-related issues that might otherwise go undetected.
- Originate projects in Corporate Work Plan (CWP) for PSG’s programs
- Update and maintain project info in Corporate Work Plan (CWP) per PM’s direction, including but not limited to RAM, cost estimate, baseline scopes, etc
- Update project schedules in Primavera (P6) and keep schedule dates in sync with the tracking sheet timely
- Collaborate with Federal Government clients to identify program needs; document necessary actions, and track milestones and timelines to support overall program execution and future development
- Assist FAA program managers with implementation issues as they arise and assist with facilitating communications between SMEs
- Project planning, cost estimating, scheduling, coordination, installation, inspection, ensure accuracy of design, products, and timeliness of project completions
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate project activities to meet milestones and deadlines, working directly with stakeholders and contractors
- Review installation packages and submittals provided by FAA contractors and vendors
- Travel to facilities within the continental US (CONUS), the territories of the US, Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. (up to 20% travel pending customer’s approval)
- Develop statements of work and coordinate ERMS installations with sites
- Provide second level ERMS support to FAA technicians and ERMS installers
- Assist with ERMS panel development and testing
- Provide start-up support for engine generators, transfer switches, and ERMS systems
- Manage ERMS FSEP entries
- Order FTI communications services for ERMS projects
- Provide and coordinate timely response for electrical RFIs (Requests for Information) and project related submittals
- Monitor progress of projects and stakeholder needs and generate products and deliverables.
- Mentor junior program analysts
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor Degree with at 8 to 12 years of experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
- Expert knowledge of Corporate Work Plan (CWP) and Primavera or any project scheduling tool to originate projects, update projects, track project statuses, and close out completed projects
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Engineering Scheduling tools and applications, and be able to use the Internet as a gathering and communicating tool
- Must be able to effectively communicate in the written and verbal form. Must accomplish clear and concise general and technical writing and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stake holders, peers and management levels
- Must have ability to maintain an electronic project folder (as required) related to site preparation and equipment installation problems
- Ability to conduct efficient, organized data gathering, and data analysis. Ability to develop project plans, establish project schedules, project estimates
- Work independently while maintaining a positive relationship
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Previous work experience supporting FAA programs is highly preferred.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Project Analysis
Pay Range:Pay Range $68,900.00 - $106,000.00 - $143,100.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.