Information Assurance Engineer
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of an Information Assurance Engineer to support the Biometrics Automated Toolset – Army (BAT-A) system accreditation.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Review and coordinate guidelines and policies surrounding risk and security
- Perform assessment of operational system for acquiring ATO using the Risk Management Framework (RMF) including coordination with SCAV and other stakeholders to close any outstanding issues
- Document best practices for security and information assurance based on business and user requirements
- Define backup strategies, adhere to backup policies, and monitor backups for completion and viability
- Coordinate, develop, and evaluate security processes for the program.
- Recommend information assurance/security solutions to support customer requirements.
- Ensure servers comply with DoD Information Assurance requirements and update servers that are not in compliance
- Perform vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle
- Monitor hardware and software for any suspicious changes, behavior or traffic, provide reports when/as directed
- Monitor and implement information assurance/security standards and procedures
- Evaluate IAVA Reports and identify patches to be implemented to resolve vulnerabilities.
- Test Security Patches against operational software to ensure functionality does not impact the software
- Develop POAMs to address residual vulnerabilities.
- Determine implementation strategies for information assurance and security requirements based on the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands
- Perform Assured Compliance Assessment Solutions (ACAS) vulnerability scanning, configuration assessment, and network discovery
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field and a minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience in Information Security or Cyber Security
- DoD Secret Clearance required on day one
- DoD 8570.01 IAT Level II – Preferably Security +
- DISA ACAS and eMASS training/experience
- Must have knowledge and experience with implementing DoD & IA requirements and certification process (RMF)
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- DISA ACAS and eMASS training/experience
- Industry certifications such as Microsoft, Cisco, NetApp, and VMware
- Experience with US Army Biometrics Automated Toolset (BAT-A)
- Experience with PowerPoint, Excel, Active Directory, SharePoint and Visio
- Certifications such as CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNP, CCNP Collaboration or BCNE
- DoD Secret Clearance
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.