You seek the honor of service—protecting America and helping make the world a safer place. You'll find it at Leidos, a national security, health, and engineering company that has been tackling some of our nation's biggest problems for nearly 50 years.
Leidos has a unique opportunity for a Ground Control Systems Technician (GCS) to work in a one of a kind RPA Operations facility. The GCS Technician will play a critical role in helping Leidos protect American and the world.
Candidates must possess a current TS/SCI security clearance in order to be considered.
Leidos is seeking a maintenance oriented candidate to perform as a member on a GCS (Ground Control Station) Technician team that supports RPA operations at Cannon AFB New Mexico
The Ground Control Station (GCS) Technician supports the daily operations of an Air Force RPA (Remotely Piloted Aircraft) control station. This is a tech maintenance position maintaining RPA ground control stations in accordance with Air Force Technical Data. This position will also include installation and troubleshooting of IT equipment, modification of and testing of new equipment. This requires collaboration with colleagues across multiple areas of expertise and the ability to work independently on moderately complex projects. This is a 24/7/365 operation with rotating shift work.
- Providing daily maintenance support, service, repair of RPA ground control stations, support installation of new hardware, software, configurations and new system initiatives.
- Frequent collaboration with colleagues on mission specific modifications to the systems and ability to develop solutions to technical problems that a cure as mission requirements change. Must also ensure all maintenance tasks and functions are accomplished in accordance with (IAW) Air Force Instruction (AFI) 21-101, Aircraft & Equipment Maintenance Management and documented accordingly.
- Technician is responsible for maintenance data documentation, air crew debriefing complete and/or sign Exceptional/Conditional Releases IAW TO 00-20-1.
- Must ensure all maintenance actions are documented IAW Technical Orders and correctly entered into IMDS, track all pilot-reported discrepancies in IMDS and inform aircrew of corrective actions taken.
- Bachelors Degree and 3 + years of aircraft avionics, ground control station, or SATCOM maintenance experience.
- Must have working knowledge of basic electronics maintenance and repair
- Must be able to work a non-traditional schedule to maintain 24/7/365 operations
- Must be capable of using and reading blueprints, wiring diagrams, and data tables
- Must be able to lift / carry heavy items .
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Professional suite of software (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must have a current TOP SECRET SCI Security Clearance .
- The ideal candidate has experience performing organizational level maintenance tasks specified in the AF Technical Order (TO), pre and post-flight system configuration and maintain mission specific equipment maintenance such as subsystems, auxiliary communications and computer interface equipment of Reaper aircraft and Ground Control Stations.
- Experience with application of technical knowledge of electronic principles in determining malfunctions and skill application in restoring equipment systems and operations
- Prior experience installing, upgrading, and administering operating systems and application software in multi-user client/server environments, including Linux
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.