• Perform global logistics processes as directed
• Support the returns management process for both internal and external customers
• Conduct transportation planning and preparation of material in support of domestic and international shipments
• Maintain relationships with preferred carriers and other key vendors and suppliers
• Conduct transactions through the Costpoint ERP system and work with key stakeholders
• Prepare shipping documentation in accordance with Leidos policy and regulatory standards
• Orchestrate movement of material from distribution centers to forward stocking locations
• Support the order fulfillment process by executing the following activities:
Packaging/preservation, shipping and logistics
Verification of licensing and other regulatory documentation
Provide in-transit visibility (status and tracking information)
Shipment problem resolution and case management
• Support the inventory management team as required with support for good inward, RMA/returns, warehouse movements and other duties as required
• Microsoft office suite - Outlook, Excel, Word
• Knowledge of domestic and international shipping practices
• Knowledge of regulatory affairs – trade compliance and customs clearance (import & export regulations for the UK, EU and rest of world)
• Hazardous Material preparers (Including IATA) Certification (desired but not required)
• Forklift/fork-truck operator certification (desired but not required)
Experience & Attributes
• Over two (2) years of shipping / logistics experience
• Proactive attitude with good attention to detail
• Experience in manufacturing environment and/or commercial logistics operations.
Please note: This role is based in Bedford in the UK. Suitable candidates will need to have the right to live and work in the UK. Relocation is Not available for this role.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.