Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a Chief of Staff for the Military and Veterans Health Solution Operation. The right qualified candidate will join an organization of over $750M and 2200 employees working to employ health technology to enable the transformation of health and healthcare. This position will work closely with key leadership within the Leidos headquarters office in Reston, VA. The Military and Veterans Health Solutions Chief of Staff is an outstanding opportunity for a high potential, high-energy professional seeking a role with broad exposure across the Leidos Health Group. This position will report directly to the Vice President of Military and Veterans Health Solutions and will be responsible for managing the business rhythms of the Operation. Specific responsibilities will include coordination and preparation of presentations and materials for meetings with executive leadership, developing and implementing project plans for improvement initiatives, working to track and ensure timely closure of action items, and managing day-to-day activities.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Leading, organizing, and managing multiple Group-wide projects that have multiple stakeholders within multiple levels of the organization.
• Developing briefings and materials for the Vice President and other Organizational leadership
• Supporting overall strategic planning and data calls related to business activities, to include new business activities (e.g. metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline).
• Gaining internal support, operating independently with limited supervision, and establishing a solid working relationship with Group staff and broader Leidos enterprise
• Bachelors degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
• High energy level and flexibility to meet a wide variety of strategic and tactical demands in an efficient and timely manner
• Demonstrated success leading and managing complex projects involving multiple stakeholders.
• Ability to create/perform in a unique role, demonstrating one’s unique value to the corporation
• Able to communicate and give direct feedback up, across & down the chain of command
• Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive organizational and business information in highest confidence
• Demonstrated courage to take risks while climbing a very steep learning curve
• Experienced with the “who & how” of getting things done through others, without formal authority, by building and using a large network
• Capable of balancing high level objectives with an appropriate level of detail to make decisions
• Ability to work collaboratively up and down and across the organization as well as with both functional and operational personnel
• Computer skills: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Project, MS Dynamics
• Travel as required
• Master's degree preferred
• Leadership skills to develop, organize and motivate teams to perform highly effectively and efficiently
• Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with Group staff and the broader Leidos enterprise.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.