The Leidos Partnership for Defense Health (LPDH) is seeking an experienced Project Portfolio Manager (PPM) to support its $4.6B single-award IDIQ program, Defense Health Management System Modernization (DHMSM). The DHMSM program, a highly visible $4.3B single award IDIQ vehicle that provides support to the Defense Health Agency, is the DoD’s leading program designed to deploy MHS GENESIS, a modern electronic health record (EHR) system, across the United States and around the globe, supporting nearly 10 million service members and their families worldwide.
The Project Portfolio Manager (PPM) will develop and implement project portfolio processes for both existing and the addition of new projects into the portfolio. The PPM will be responsible for orchestration of various program functions to enable an executive view into portfolio status, utilizing information technology solutions, and to establish and maintain a repeatable review and intake process for new efforts. The existing portfolio of projects span the entire SDLC through preparation for deployment and sustainment with new projects spearheading a transition to Agile methodologies.
Ongoing activities include collective status reporting and portfolio-level issues and risks (individual projects have their own project managers). New additions to the portfolio will need to run through the program intake process, which involves solution development, estimating, plan/schedule development, costing, and proposal submissions; and then overlaying the new request on top of the existing portfolio by virtue of priority, resource availability, and external dependencies; this work will be done by others, but the PPM must be aware of the queue of requests and prepare for assessment. Once the solution and plan are known, the PPM will coordinate with the LPDH and customer teams to identify a realistic schedule and resource plan for the new effort, taking into consideration the full breadth of the active portfolio projects already underway. The PPM will have a support staff to assist with these efforts.
- Lead the project portfolio processes and to coordinate the addition of new projects into the portfolio.
- Orchestrate various program functions to enable an executive view into portfolio status, utilizing information technology solutions, and to establish and maintain a repeatable review and intake process for new efforts. Lead project/support staff teams independently throughout efforts.
- Implement portfolio performance improvement, tracking outcome and quantified value created by various efforts, enabling better informed future prioritization.
- Remain cognizant best practices and trends to ensure portfolio and activities incorporate effective, efficient and compliant approaches.
- Exemplify the highest standards of personal and professional integrity in every aspect of our business.
- Bachelor's degree required with 8+ years of relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of relevant experience.
- US Citizenship required – must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust government security clearance, per contract requirements.
- 5+ years of program management and supervisory experience; preference given to those with a PMP certification.
- Experience as a project portfolio management lead over a large IT-focused portfolio
- Strong project management and client relationship management skill and experience.
- Success in this role is dependent on a combination of program management and strategic planning expertise in various enterprise information technologies.
- Passion about results and quality, with a strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, work in ambiguous environment and develop recommendations and solutions.
- Must have effective executive oral and written communication and presentation skills, with experience facilitating executive level conversations.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, with a proven ability to gain buy-in from stakeholders
- Master’s Degree
- PMP Certification
- Federal government project experience
- Healthcare IT experience
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.