Leidos Government Health & Safety Solutions is seeking an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) on a large network services opportunity supporting the National Institute of Health (NIH) in the Bethesda, MD area.
- Implement and enforce information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
- Draft and maintain security policy documentation
- Lead the evaluation of security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
- Coordinate with the CM for information system security software, hardware, and firmware updates
- Maintain records on workstations, servers, routers, firewalls, intelligent hubs , network switches, etc. to include system upgrades
- Propose, coordinate, implement, and enforce information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
- Provide CM for security-relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware (U)
- Develop system security policy and ensures compliance
- Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing information at the appropriate classified level
- Maintain operational security posture for an information system or program
- Provide support for maintaining the appropriate operational IA posture for a system, program, or enclave
- Develop and update the system security plan and other IA documentation
- Assist with the management of security aspects of the information system and perform day-to-day security operations of the system
- Assist with assessment, development and implementation of programs and controls set in place to preserve the integrity and security of sensitive data and information stored and processed by various network systems.
- Assist with prevention of data breaches and unauthorized access to information systems.
- Management of information security.
- Review Program information security systems and recommend improvements/solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related discipline
- 8+ years of ISSO experience
- Certified Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Thorough knowledge of network security concepts with application knowledge of various enterprise security point technologies, managed security services, Security Information and Event Management solutions, packet analysis tools, cryptography and Active Directory / Kerberos authentication protocol
- Deep technical understanding of core current cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities
- Demonstrated experience working in large Federal agency preferably in HHS.
- Possess the knowledge of security best practices, security solutions, and methodologies for risk management
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of industry accepted standards
- Experience with various SOC automation tools such as Splunk, Archer etc.
- 8+ years of intrusion detection and/or incident handling experience
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.