Leidos currently has an opening in Springfield, VA for a Spectral Research Scientist to join the RECON program in support of NGA's Research Directorate. This is an exciting opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in an R&D environment and support critical warfighter missions.
This position will leverage physics and remote sensing science expertise and tools (e.g. image processing and target detection workflows,) to test and analyze physical targets and phenomena, and to support S&T client challenges. Apply advanced consulting skills and /or extensive technical expertise. Develop innovative solutions to complex problems. Work without considerable direction, mentors and may supervise team members.
- Active TS/SCI
Required Experience, Skills & Education:
- BS in relevant discipline as well as 9+ years of experience applying remote sensing principles and methods addressing image processing principles . MS preferred. Add'l directly relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience in applying remote sensing principles and methods to analyze spectral data and develop new and improve existing data analysis methods.
- Experience with providing scientific analysis and products collected from the exploitation of EO/IR and multispectral image data.
- Experience with developing image processing methods using Matlab, ENVI/IDL, or Python
- Experience developing informational briefings and educating scientists and managers on research outcomes and the impact on the mission.
- 2+ years experience using automated image processing platforms such as GeoReplay
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.