The Leidos Exploration & Mission Support CIV-IT division seeks to a hire a Software Project Manager to support the development and maintenance for a mission critical information management system at the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. This is an exciting opportunity to join our Agile development team in a fast-paced work environment, collaborating with customer stakeholders, business analysts, applications developers, database engineers, quality assurance, and other multi-functional teams.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
- Manage and coordinate efforts across multi-functional teams towards the completion and timely production delivery for applications development and maintenance projects of varying size, scope, and complexity.
- Participate in the daily standup, collaborating with team members, and eliminating roadblocks to ensure optimal team performance.
- Manage Sprint Planning and Backlog prioritization activities.
- Oversee all phases of the software development lifecycle using the agile framework, scaling the application of select Scrum principles when full methodology adoption is impractical.
- Develop project schedules and budgets, managing team efforts to deliver incremental system functionality to production on time and within budget.
- Serves as liaison to Leidos and customer management, coordinating communications and activities between the development team, external technical resources/teams, and key customer stakeholders.
- Communicates projects status, and project risks/issues and mitigation strategies to Leidos management and customer project stakeholders.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Please Note: This will be 100% Full Time remote opportunity. Candidate must reside in Gaithersburg, MD, Washington, DC, OR Virginia metro area.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of total professional experience.
- Experience managing complex software projects.
- Scrum Master (CSM) OR other similar certification.
- Experience managing software maintenance and Agile software development projects in the Federal government context, to include knowledge of key Agile processes, ceremonies, and techniques.
- Ability to tailor written and verbal communications to express complex information to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated success as a team player within a fast paced and complex technical work environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Productivity tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Position requires candidate to obtain an NRC IT-I Public Trust Clearance.
- Experience in Sprint Planning and related Scrum concepts, including Backlog prioritization.
- Experience using Jira to manage Agile software development projects.
- PMP or Master Degree in Management/Technical Field.
- Experience managing the development of Microsoft .Net/MVC, Java, and MS SQL applications in Microsoft Azure (Cloud).
- Experience with Microsoft Project.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Pay Range:Pay Range $71,500.00 - $110,000.00 - $148,500.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.