The Leidos Civil NISC IV team has an opening for a .NET Software Developer to support the Federal Aviation Administration. We are looking to hire a skilled software developer who can collaborate with product owner, other developers, and test engineers on the team to produce high quality software that delivers business value and follows established design patterns and processes – can independently develop, code or modify, test, and debug application programs of varying degree of complexity. Ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, have a consistent track record of delivery and excellent software engineering skills. Creative engineering balanced with high quality and a customer focus. Must be able to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time. Strong analytic capability and the ability to create innovative solutions. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is looking to grow their career in a fast paced environment.
To be successful in this role, you will need extensive knowledge of programming languages and the software development life-cycle. A bachelor's degree in computer science or related degree is required.
- Develop, enhance, and maintain VB applications, and handle both frontend and backend development procedures.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments - Troubleshoot production problems within assigned applications software
- Work with business users to develop and implement acceptance tests to ensure that product meets customer requirements and expectations.
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Actively engage in process improvement initiatives.
- Perform task using Oracle and SQL database systems
- Use development best practices, and appropriate patterns to develop required software solutions.
- Create and maintain technical documentation, including user manuals and guides.
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives, based on the individual needs of each user.
- Analyze and revise existing system logic difficulties, and ensure that technical knowledge of all phases of application systems is maintained.
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues
- Accomplish engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
- Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new products
- Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals
- Be a persistent, creative problem solver
- Remain cool and effective in a crisis
- Passionate about great technologies, especially open source
- Experience in full software lifecycle development with .NET, full stack development, Soap Web Services, Oracle 19c, PL/SQL
- Experience in parallel development environment managing overlapping efforts impacting same function.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives.
- Experience with Subversion/Git, JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket
- Familiar with Agile development methodology
- Experience delivering entire projects or processes spanning multiple technical areas.
- Deep understanding of software lifecycle.
- Working knowledge of Agile Development and continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies and tools.
- Ability to complete tasking independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Experience working with VB code and .NET framework
- Experience working with languages (C#, C++, VBA).
- Experience working with basic web technologies.
- Experience working with a version control system (Git).
- Experience working with multiple operating systems (Windows, LINUX, UNIX etc).
- Experience working with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, etc).
- Experience in developing detailed designs, optimizing code for performance and reliability, conforming to coding standards and continuous integration (CI/CD)
- Experience with CAD drawing tools, familiarity with geospatial terminology, and familiarity with aeronautical charts/terminology.
- BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
Requires US Citizen or US Person with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 - $189,000.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.