The Leidos Health Group Business Development and Strategic Analyst will help to develop clear, credible, and compelling value propositions that will improve internal decisions on key strategic pursuits and will help articulate Leidos value in solving our customers’ most complex problems through strategy, business development and supportive marketing efforts. The analyst will work with the Strategy and Business Development leadership to support strategic planning activities that drive Leidos’ growth opportunities for the Health Group.
Key areas of focus include (but not limited to): Customer and market analysis, threat environment and analysis, competitive comparisons, market intelligence data, budget analysis, gap analyses, technology trending – all targeted at articulating, reinforcing, and marketing Leidos’ Value Proposition. Additionally, you will be required to support and substantiate the communication and implementation of the strategy. Collaboration is critical - you will work closely with Leidos Business Development, strategy, group marketing and communications, and capture and program execution leaders.
This position reports directly to the Vice President (VP) of Business Development and Strategy (BD&S) for Health Group.
- Manage work-streams and tasks aligned with the Health Group’s strategic analysis business rhythms.
- Manage research requests supporting organic and non-organic growth objectives and assist in assessments of the cost effectiveness, growth metrics and review of various alternatives
- Participate in development of enduring growth propositions and manage oversight of resulting health group strategic action plans throughout the year.
- Ensure alignment of strategy to multiple marketing efforts by supporting sponsorships, events, trade shows and strategic collateral development.
- Support business development operations by managing regular reporting of pipelines, bid gate reviews and ad-hoc leadership reports / briefings.
- Assist with an overall company effort to develop clear, credible, and compelling value propositions with the goal of internally improving program/project pursuit decisions
- Be able to use core analytic tools and techniques, as well as create new ones when required, to quantify and measure key business performance objectives.
- Support business growth by equipping strategy, business development and leadership teams with graphically and technically appealing concepts; predominantly in PowerPoint.
- Identify and assess capability and technology gaps, and opportunities for gap-filling by engaging current partners and look for opportunities to expand our ecosystem.
- Coordinate key working meetings with strategy, business development/capture teammates, in developing market insight to support strategy, business development/capture and strategic marketing efforts.
- Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years of relevant experience or a Master’s Degree with 2+ years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 2+ years of strategy and/or business development, customer research/analysis and familiarity with operational planning cycles in the federal market.
- A demonstrated command of the federal and non-federal Health Information Technology markets, segments, and customer/prospect agencies.
- Excellent oral and written skills with an ability to use a wide variety of organic analysis tools such as spreadsheets, comparisons, visualizations, and assessments
- Experience with federal budgets analysis, investments, and acquisition processes
- Understanding of capture process and pipeline management at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Experience supporting strategic marketing planning efforts in events, content development and sponsorships.
- Able to demonstrate mastery in tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management to access and use customer strategies.
- Travel as required, up to 10% per month
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management, technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Health Group and across Leidos.
- Experience with partnering/relationship management with key government customers and industry partners
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), contract types and audit / compliance requirements for federal contractors
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.