Maritime Systems Division is seeking a Business Development / Capture Manager to focus on the maritime USV and Autonomy market. The BD Manager is responsible for filling and maintaining the Maritime opportunity pipeline, executing the Leidos BD process, maintaining a high Probability of Win for those opportunities selected for capture and bid, and in general growing business within the Maritime Market. The ideal candidate will have served with the US Navy (military or civilian) and have previously served as a program manager / line manager before transitioning to the business development field. Direct experience working with or for NAVSEA, PEO USC and/or DOD Strategic Capabilities Office is preferred.
This individual will leverage customer relationships and personal experience to identify and assess potential Navy, Coast Guard and other federal maritime USV and autonomy business opportunities which can provide measurable revenue growth. Candidate should possess an understanding of Overmatch requirements to synchronize them under the Navy Operational Architecture in support of Distribute Maritime Operations. Candidate should bring overview knowledge regarding autonomy software development for USVs. Candidate should be conversant with Navy Unmanned Campaign plan with a focus on USVs and potential USV employment and operational concepts. Candidate will be expected to identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and execute formal capture plans, and monitor competitor activity for each capture. Candidates at this level will support development of the overall maritime systems strategy, as well as internal and external partnerships, business plans and associated campaign plans to bring strategy to action
The candidate is expected to exercise sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies; regularly interact with all levels of management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers; and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy. Characteristics necessary for success include business and technical vision; disciplined strategic thinking; analytical presentation and problem-solving skills; the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Proactively identify new business opportunities
- Shape Navy USV and autonomy plans – operations, force structure, acquisition sequencing
- Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budget, capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses
- Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices
- Support the Division Manager and Operation senior staff as the lead for call plan development and execution, and provide detailed reports on follow up activities after plan execution
- Participate in business planning activities, to include periodic pipeline reviews, operating plan development, bid agenda development, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal reviews
- Collaborate with the Leidos Account Management personnel (E.g., Navy Strategic Account Executive) to support cross enterprise objectives and customer engagement
- Support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the quarterly business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline
- Interact routinely with all levels of Operation and Group management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers, and follow through on taskings
- Briefs capture status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process
- Conducts after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions
BASIC REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 15+ years of related experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- An Active Secret clearance is required, with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI with Polygraph
- This role requires that the successful candidate have a proven track record of successful business development and capture management across multiple organizations and program offices for a variety of acquisition sizes with a cumulative total of at least $125M in successful captures over the last three years
- Extensive organizational and mission knowledge of relevant Maritime organizations
- Prior Experience working directly with Navy personnel at all levels of seniority
- Flexibility to travel as required, based on negotiated work location, up to 30% per month
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports
- Demonstrated access to key government customers and industry partners
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Fifteen or more years of experience in tactical and operational maritime related positions, preferably in a technical field with the US government
- Experience with DoD budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Experience with Congressional staff, committees and budget processes
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.