Leidos is looking for a Senior Control Account Manager to join a highly performing team contracted to modernization an Army Fires Command and Control System, including full lifecycle software development to support Army operational capabilities. Program execution follows Earned Value Management along with iterative best practices for internal team collaboration, requirements and pipeline management. Leidos is the prime contractor providing architectural analysis, development, integration, test and test support. Program completion (middle of 2024) and fielding hinges on the ability to port the existing software code, using government-furnished information (GFI) to ensure that the modernized system’s functional and performance characteristics are backwards compatible, as verified using established test cases. The Control Account Manager will be a thought leader in product-based software development, with proven experience in executing contracts integrating program management, agile and EVM principles.
The Selected candidate will report to the Program Manager/Deputy Program Manager and plays a critical role as part of the program performance management team. He/she will interface with technical leads to interpret and decompose scope, plan and schedule work and will perform tasks associated with providing status, measurement of accomplishment, actual cost collection, variance analysis, cost estimates at completion and resultant corrective action as they relate to an integrated risk, agile and EVM performance measurement solution. The selected candidate will assure technical scope, schedule, budget and corresponding risks are integrated and will be accountable to the Program Manager for Control Account Performance and Customer Reporting.
- Accept full responsibility from Program Manager (PM) to execute within the scope, schedule, budget and risk profile of the control accounts (CA) / projects assigned
- Program mission and challenges are very complex, subject to constant change and typically impact multiple area or disciplines. Requires talent and experience in investigative inquiry; strong, data driven analytic thinking, creative problem solving and flexibility/agility to quickly assess, evaluate and respond.
- Partner and collaborate with the technical leadership charged with delivering the work within the assigned CA
- Partner and collaborate with the scheduler and business team members charged with implementing and producing the data of the schedule and financial deliverables
- Partner and collaborate with the Leidos Corporate COE to ensure compliance with EVMSD and represent Leidos and program during external oversight and audits
- Expected to be an active member of the program leadership team, leading others to accept the current program performance measurement practices
- Expected to be an active member within the division and Leidos to collaborate and grow agile and EVM best practices
- Identify areas of maturity within current program management practices as needed to ensure continual improvement and efficiencies across the entire Program Management Office
- Ensure related Agile principles and EVM best practices are maintained within work teams
- Ensure that new tasks or projects are within scope
- Manage a current Estimate to Complete for all work within the CA
- Manage all assumptions associated with the Baseline Plan and Estimate at Complete (EAC) period over period
- Author a written narrative for each CA each accounting period, underpinned by and consistent with the technical metrics reported
- Participate in and meet the deadlines within the monthly business rhythm of the program
- Participate in scrums or any technical discussions, meetings, reviews, etc. as necessary to maintain situational awareness within the CA
- Coordinate with the PM to request authorization from the customer for activities within the CA that are within scope but not authorized
- Respond to requests from the customer for each CA
- Manage resources and determine appropriate program resource allocations
- Assures the work within the CA is adequately staffed and participates in the staffing process
- Coordinate any procurement requests within the CA to purchase materials or ODCs
- Ensure that the authorization to expend funds (labor, materials, ODC) within the CA are within budgetary constraints
- Review Weekly Hours Reports to ensure that charging within the account is correct
- Approve funding for subcontractors to fulfill CA
- Approve timecards for subcontractors
- Participate in responses to RFIs, RFPs, or Requests for a ROM
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and at least fifteen (15+) years of relevant work experience
- Five (5) years experience in project, risk, agile and EVM management of large-scale software and test integration programs
- At least five (5+) years of experience as a EVM subject matter expert mentoring other team members in traditional and agile-based EVM practices
- At least two (2+) years performing to role of Control Account Manager (CAM) for control accounts in excess of $10M
- At least two (2+) years of experience writing EVM reports to include documenting performance status and projections for at-complete metrics using government approved formats
- Experience developing and managing program-specific EVM and program management processes that adhere to standard best practices, vetting those process with corporate oversight bodies, and communicating those processes to execution teams
- Experience establishing EVM performance-based measurements for complex software programs and communicating the associated metrics to technical staff and management
- US Citizenship Required
- Thorough command of Scheduling and EVMS tools
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking
- Must be capable of performing high quality work both independently, and with a team, in a fast-moving environment
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in a technical field such as System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline
- Experience working with large software systems including hardware integration and test
- A PMP or similar Project Management or Program Management credential
- A CSM or other Scrum Master credential or coursework
- A Scaled Agile Framework or similar credential or coursework
- Current or past work experience and formal training as a CAM or with cost accounting, and/or earned value management (EVMS)
- Current EVM Practitioner credential coursework
- Current or past work experience in process audits (IBR, JSR, CMMI, etc)
- Ability to communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project, serving as a primary briefer on Cost, Schedule, Performance, IBRs, EV reviews and other program control events inside the Program, for Leidos leadership and with the Custom
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3,000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Pay Range:Pay Range $120,250.00 - $185,000.00 - $249,750.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.