Leidos is seeking a seasoned Counter Intelligence /Counter Terrorism Analyst to support our AFOSI team at Ayn al Asad Airbase Iraq.
The AFOSI Terrorism Analytical Support Services contract provided services at six (6) AFCENT units forward and one (1) unit in the rear supporting the CENTCOM/AFCENT AOR. The AFOSI is a federal law enforcement agency with responsibility for conducting criminal investigations, CI, specialized investigative activities, and integrated force protection. AFOSI also is a combat- ready military organization that provides the United States Air Force (USAF) a wartime capability to conduct, in hostile and uncertain environments to find, fix, track, and neutralize enemy threats. In summary, AFOSI’s mission is to identify, exploit and neutralize criminal, terrorist and intelligence threats to the USAF, Department of Defense (DoD), and U.S. government.
Work Location- Ayn al Asad Airbase Iraq
- Maintain knowledge of host nation intelligence and security organizations.
- Maintain knowledge of third country intelligence services that pose a threat to USAF resources and the organization’s personnel, and maintain knowledge of the capabilities of state sponsored, transnational, international or regional terrorist groups and their surrogates that threaten USAF security.
- Review and provide analyst comments for Contact Reports (CRs) and Intelligence Information Reports (IIRs). Disseminate raw and finished intelligence products to interested agencies, to include: AFOSI leadership, base commanders, operating environment owners, and other intelligence/counterintelligence customers (both CONUS and OCONUS) who value the direct information and intelligence products.
- Prepare comprehensive foreign intelligence and terrorism informational or analytical products. Products should be delivered as required by AFOSI or USAFCENT leadership.
- Fuse intelligence and raw data from multiple sources in varying classifications to identify threats, trends, structures of terrorist cells, their location, plotting attack information (such as fire-points, impact sites, timeline, etc.) on a daily to weekly basis.
- Perform collection management duties by evaluating field reports involving terrorist group organizational structures and their involved interrelationships among other organizations and state-sponsored groups targeting the USAF/DoD.
- Assist in the development of target packages to mitigate threats to 24 EFIS, subordinate units, and USAF/DoD personnel and resources in the USCENTCOM/AFCENT AOR.
- Prepare briefings that describe the nature, scope, specific identification, and possible impact of coordination and cooperation prevalent among hostile groups. Briefings are prepared upon request by AFOSI leadership, base commanders, operating environment owners, and other intelligence/counterintelligence customers (both CONUS and OCONUS) who value the direct information and intelligence products.
- Coordinate and maintain liaison relationships with military and national level agencies.
- Ensure all products and briefings produced in support of this contract are in strict compliance with security classification, restrictive caveats, and dissemination directives.
- Travel and provide onsite and offsite support to other CONUS and OCONUS locations in the CENTCOM AOR as requested.
- Maintain current passport and visa requirements at all times and maintain the ability to be world-wide deployable to include medical clearances and other items outlined in this PWS.
- Must be a U.S Citizen
- Candidates must have a current TOP SECRET SCI Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in international affairs, national security studies, Arabic studies, international business, international terrorism, trends and analysis, intelligence/counterintelligence or other related fields, preferably accompanied by Southwest Asian regional expertise, and six (6) years of Intelligence Analytical experience with a heavy focus on human-derived, counter intelligence, and counter- terrorism operations, ending within the last three (3) years. The degree requirement may be substituted with 2 additional years of analytical experience utilizing human-derived, counter-intelligence, and counter-terrorism operations, ending within the last three (3) years.
- One (1) year comprehensive or analytical support to operations in the USCENTCOM AOR, ending within the last three (3) years.
- Six (6) years of experience in the development of intelligence analysis products.
- Must have demonstrated CI/CT targeting experience.
- Strong writing skills and being capable of effectively operating as a member of a Combined/Joint intelligence team required.
- Strong briefing skills and being capable of effective communication in the accomplishment of collection management reporting and requirements required.
- Must have experience and working knowledge of the following programs and systems within the last three (3) years: Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access); Analyst Notebook; SIPR/JWICS Access; M3 - Multi Media Messenger; SOMM - Source Operations Management Module; Proton - JWICS Access Required; Intellink; CIDNE - Combined Information Data network Exchange; CIA WIRE; HOT-R; NCTC Online - National Counter Terrorism Center Online; J2 DCP Portal (CJCS Portal) on JWICS.
- Knowledge of AFOSI I2MS and CI2MS is desired.
- Southwest Asian regional expertise.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.