Join a fast growing, solutions driven, dynamic organization and take your experience to the next level! Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a Systems Engineer to support to the Airspace Mission Planning Division, Hanscom AFB, MA. The Systems Engineer will work alongside Product Managers, Release Train Engineers and facilitate requirement development with subject matter experts (SMEs) via Scaled Agile processes. This position will elevate skills and experiences to support our full-scope mission planning efforts. OJT is combined with annual educational opportunities to continue the development of the engineer.
We are seeking a self-starter that likes taking on challenges and being a leader with engineering solutions; a person that collaborates well in teams and likes to work toward consensus within each team. The enterprise is embracing modern technologies in microservices based products, automated pipelines and workflow tools and leading edge methodologies via Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and DevSecOps principles and practices.
- Serve as a SE for Mission Planning software development.
- Support an Agile Release Train’s (ART) Product Manager and coordinate with Release Train Engineer to decompose Capabilities, work with development teams to decompose Features and utilize mission planning end users, testers and other SMEs to establish acceptance criteria and evaluate completeness of work.
- Work with Solution architects to establish Enabler Features and their acceptance criteria to support changes to infrastructure that evolve the system solutions.
- Coordinating with enterprise stakeholders to shepherd enablers among the new features and bug fixes in program level backlogs and help assignments to teams for sprints and releases in products.
- Generating Mission Threads, Use Cases and system requirements packages as part of SAFe work package development and managing those requirements and their traceability.
- Identify and manage internal and external dependencies.
- Analyzing software development metrics, report results and recommend corrective actions.
- Utilizing common Mission Planning processes while facilitating a continuous learning culture to help drive improvement of those processes. Understanding and leveraging an Enterprise Product approach to identify requirements that represent a gap in capabilities and opportunities for reuse. Report the technical status of feature development to the key stakeholders.
- Creating and reviewing technical data items, to include architecture, requirements designs, test plans/reports, dashboards and process descriptions.
- Assist the ART in guiding the work through the Program level processes and developing the program Vision and Roadmap consistent with the Solution Intent and Context.
- Coordinate with multiple Development Teams to analyze, size and decompose Features into stories and then help plan the sequence of work to maximize efficiencies across teams and utilize parallel development to provide releasable software every iteration.
- Collaborate with other ART members and Testers to evaluate completed stories and their parent features to determine readiness for release and ensure workflow tools are kept up to date throughout the development and test cycles.
- Participate in designing the subsystems, components and interfaces, validating technology assumptions and evaluate alternatives while working closely with other Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and Solution Trains.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical discipline and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- A current US Secret security clearance.
- Demonstrable knowledge of software development, fundamental engineering concepts and experience in applying these concepts to software-intensive systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, and other engineers in the development of complex software systems.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with Scrum at Scale or SAFe Agile processes is highly desired.
- Experience with Jira, Jira Align, and Confluence is highly desired.
- General familiarity of the DoD system development and acquisition processes.
- Operational mission systems planning experience is a plus.
Pay Range:Pay Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 - $189,000.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.