Leidos has a career opportunity for a Software Engineer requiring a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance. The successful candidate will be a member of a high performing software Operations & Maintenance (O&M) team supporting a mission critical system for a DoD/IC customer in the Reston, VA area. The team is looking for a new team member to become an expert in all aspects of the system.
Candidates should be highly skilled and able to provide complex engineering tasks. Candidates may work individually or as a key member of a senior leadership team. This position may oversee and monitor performance across several disciplines, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues. Provides expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and managers. Directs multiple contractor and subcontractors teams through to project completion.
Position has two primary responsibilities:
1) Provide Operations and Maintenance (O&M) support for mission critical application running in 24x7 operational environments.
2) Provide software development support to web-based application. The candidate will be expected to provide support at customer site three days a week, or as needed. Onsite duties will include maintaining optimal operational status in C2S (AWS) and VM environments, fielding customer support requests, troubleshooting issues with production applications as they arise, formal testing support, and systems administration. In addition, the applicant will work as part of an integrated team with other company technical team members. The candidate will be expected to maintain knowledge of assigned product(s), company functions, service policies and procedures and have good communication skills. Will work multiple tasks through the entire software life cycle: design, implementation, testing and deployment. Will work independently to perform software development tasks and ensures efficient delivery of contract capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes.
• Full-Stack Java development experience with Angular, C2S, Openshift, Docker, Postgres 11, Oracle, with Windows and Linux
• Active DoD TS/SCI w/ Poly
• CompTIA Security+ certification
• Good communication and problem-solving skills
• Experience working in a collaborative team environment.
One of the following education/experience combinations is required at a minimum:
• Master’s degree from an accredited institute in an area applicable to this position (e.g., information systems, computer science, math, or engineering) plus six (6) years of technical experience in software development.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institute in an area applicable to this position (e.g., information systems, computer science, math, or engineering) plus eight (8) years technical experience in software development
• Associate’s degree from an accredited institute in an area applicable to this position (e.g., information systems, computer science, math, or engineering) plus ten (10) years technical experience in software development
• High school diploma plus twelve (12) years technical experience in software development
Contractual duties may include:
• Generally recognized as a leader in the industry in their area of expertise; sought out by others in the area of expertise for advice and guidance
• Provide expert support, analysis, research, and advice into exceptionally complex problems, and processes relating to the subject matter
• Serve as technical expert on executive-level project teams providing technical direction, interpretation and alternatives. Expertise is in a particular area of Information Technology (e.g., Cybersecurity, Information Systems Architecture, Telecommunications Systems Design, Architecture, Implementation, Information Systems Integration, Software Development Methodologies, Security Engineering, Communications and Network Systems Management).
• Perform highly specialized and technical tasks associated with the most current and cutting-edge technologies
• May serve as a technical consultant to a project or a number of projects dealing with area of technical expertise
• Coordinate with contract management and Government personnel to ensure the problems have been properly defined and the solutions satisfy customer needs
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.