Hybrid-Cloud Infrastructure Systems Administrator
UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of an Enterprise-Level Infrastructure Systems Administrator with deep experience with deploying, operating, and supporting Enterprise Infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working within an Enterprise-Class Hybrid-Cloud environment including VMWare and commercial clouds. You will perform a variety of assignments associated with Storage, Computer Hardware, virtualization software (VMWare), and Public Cloud (AWS and Azure).
This is a remote / telework position that may require travel to Orlando – FL, Dallas – TX, DC Metro area, or other locations to attend meetings or perform work in the Data Centers.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
As the global CIO Services organization, we enable the enterprise to execute its mission to grow through innovation, collaboration, and effective use of information and technology. Through our world class talent and technology, we will provide differentiated and agile services, partnering with the enterprise to strategically transform, defend and grow the business, developing and implementing.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Think strategically to assist the Architecture team in developing multi-year Roadmaps
- Work with leads in other sub-systems, customers, and process owners to ensure solution integration
- Produce and maintain documentation of the server sub-systems in the data center environment, including as-built documentation, capacity/performance plans, as well as all other areas of server system life-cycle planning
- Explore new technologies, and making recommendations for their introduction into the data center environment.
- Troubleshoot and manage problem resolution including root cause analysis.
- Adhere to company policies and processes including change control, security, corporate policies, ITIL, and Sarbanes Oxley 404.
- Work in a Scaled Agile Framework and participate in Agile Team events, including providing leadership and performing Product Owner duties as required.
- Provide after-hours on-call support in a rotation.
- Mentor others on the team on Cloud Computing. Helping to lead the team in the development of cloud fundamentals to properly support our customers.
- Having a customer service focus is a MUST.
- Bachelor's degree and 8+years of relevant experience in systems administration. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Solid knowledge and experience working with IT systems and is expected to already have in-depth specialized knowledge of specific IT systems engineering processes and practices.
- AWS and/or Azure Design and significant Operations experience.
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as code (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Server management utilities, such as HP OneView, Dell OpenManage Enterprise, and Dell OMIVV
- HP Blades / HP C7000 series experience and/or HPe Synergy.
- HP Virtual Connect.
- Dell MX and FX2.
- Experience with SAN and SAN-based Arrays, as well as network-based Storage utilizing CIFS/NFS and Object Storage.
- VMWare enterprise-level experience, including distributed virtual switch and VMWare VSAN.
- Other Enterprise suite products such as vRealize Operations Manager, vRealize Log Insight, and vRealize Network Insight.
- vRealize Automation 7.x, VMware NSX, VMware vSAN for hyper-converged platforms.
- Experience planning and leading VMware migrations.
- Experience with VMware NSX, Cisco and Arista Networking experience.
- Experience with VMWare Automation tools such as PowerCLI and vRealize Automation.
- Additional scripting languages such as Python or BASH.
- US citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance.
- SAN/ Storage: Cisco MDS 9000 Series, NetApp, OnTap Select, Isilon, HP 3PAR
- VMware: VMware VSphere Enterprise 6.x +, VMware vRealize Automation 7.x, VMware NSX, VMware vSAN for hyper-converged platforms, VMWare on Cloud
- Compute: Cisco UCS, HP DL Series, Dell R Series
- Experience with MS Windows 2016 / 2019 and Red Hat Linux 7/8 experience
- Worked in an ITIL environment
- Formal system engineering process/educational experience also desired, such as INCOSE and COBIT models
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- A possession of excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively at all levels of staff and management
- Ability to estimate level of effort
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, develop relationships, and obtain consensus among interested parties
- Ability to develop peer networks across an enterprise to maintain technology awareness and to support resolution of problems.
- Ability to lead architectural design discussions, and carry those designs through deployment and into operations.
- Multi-cloud management tools i.e. CloudTamer
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline deployments
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.