Varec, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is looking to add a Shipping and Receiving Clerk to our team in Peachtree Corners, GA.
Varec is a worldwide leader in fuels management systems for total asset visibility and control, supplying integrated hardware and software solutions to oil and gas, defense and aviation markets. With its headquarters and manufacturing facility outside of Atlanta, Georgia, Varec also has offices in Virginia, Australia and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.varec.com.
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk:
- Receive packages and replenish inventory for manufactured items utilizing material handling equipment (forklift, pallet jack, hand trucks)
- Verify quantities and enter incoming Bill of Lading data in computer
- Prepare large, palletized shipments for common carrier shipment
- Maintain organization and housekeeping for the manufacturing area and warehouse
- Responsible for shipping material to various commercial and government facilities throughout the USA and International
- Maintains inventory records and creates commercial and government bill of lading
- Maintain adequate stock levels for packing materials and supplies
- Performs safe operation of forklift and other material handling equipment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma and one year of relevant experience
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must have good computer skills and proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Access
- Candidate must be capable of and willing to follow company procedures
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with inventory control software
- Experience with preparing shipping labels in FedEx and UPS software
- Experience with creating shipping documents
- Experience using material handling equipment (forklift, pallet jack, hand truck)
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.