Healthcare is one of the fastest growing sectors of the US economy, but the industry faces many challenges in delivering value to providers and payers and in improving patient care outcomes in a highly dynamic marketplace. HGS is at the forefront of defining and building solutions to address those challenges for Leidos.
Position: Solution Architect
The Health Growth Solutions (HGS) at Leidos has an immediate opening for a Solution Architect to help us design new differentiated solutions to the health market in both the federal and commercial sector. This is not your typical SA role – equal parts focus business / product development and technology.
Key Responsibilities include
- Supporting the HGS Solution team define validate, prioritize and classify the ideas submitted:\Work with the BD, Solution and Idea originator to further define the problem
- Document the “Problem Use Cases” the idea is intended to solve
- Document the Proposed Solution Approach for Each Problem Use Case designed
- Document any key High Level requirements that need to be considered
- Document alternate solution options
- Perform Vendor Trade Assessment
- Identify products / solutions in the market that address the defined problem use case
- Identify gaps in the market solutions
- Perform Make / Buy Assessment and make recommendations
- Decide features we should build vs vendor products we should augment with
- Identify problems that are universal to the market, specific to a health sector, client etc.
- Identify aspects of solution that can be extended for multiple use cases vs niche capability for a specific use case or customer base
- Identify solutions that are already in main stream
- Supporting the development of the business case for any corporate investments required
- Developing the High Level Designs for new Leidos solutions
- Develop the EPICs and / Designs for each Problem Use Case
- Support the vendors, engineers & product manager develop the User Stories for each EPIC
- Support the Service Delivery Teams construct the designs for the non-technical elements of the solutions
- Recommend the Solution Implementation approach e.g. Mockup first to further validate requirements, prototype to assess feasibility of solutions that are untested etc.
- Support the Product Manager build the cost and schedule estimates / plans through to customer pilot phase of new ideas
- Oversees the build of new solutions
- Work with vendor and engineering teams to ensure the successful build of the Mock-Up, Prototype and / or Pilot of new Solutions
- Manage the design governance of the solution at each stage to ensure the intended value is achieved on budget and on schedule
- Support the Product Manager (s) as required
- BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience
- Proven successful background as a Solution Architect
- Experience with
- multiple architecture models (e.g., Microservices, SOA, TOGAF etc.)
- Developing cost models, basis of estimates (BOEs) and Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Developing ConOps and /or Solution Approach Outlines
- Designing solutions to cost and execution
- Capturing technical requirements and defining technical solutions in service, conceptual, execution and /or technical views
- Lead SA on medium or large size business captures and proposals
- Managing a team of technical staff
- Developing and maintaining client relationships
- Health industries experience an advantage
- Experience supporting federal and /or other government agencies
- Self-motivated and focused on delivering outcomes
- Resilient with the ability to find innovative ways around against roadblocks
- Have broad experience and skillsets that span in all levels that make up a business solution
- Enthusiasm and curiosity to explore and pick up new technologies and concepts
- Can work in an iterative way starting with ambiguity and loosely structured requirements
- Thrive in fast paced, high change, high pressure environments
- Fosters an inclusive team environment
- Refined presentation and communication skills with ability to tailor message to the audience
- Interface and communicate effectively with both engineers and executives
- Evaluate new technologies and stay current with a broad range of healthcare industry trends (government health, commercial heath)
- Articulate rationale for design decisions
- Devise, develop and apply innovative technology and approaches to products and solutions
- US Citizen
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.