The Project Management Analyst will provide support to the customer, project team and PM in the areas of project management, equipment sourcing, material purchasing and inventory management. The successful candidate will also support development efforts for the web-based material purchasing tool InView. This position is located at the customer facility at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
- Regularly interface with buyers, managers, customers, software developers, and others to ensure business processes are running smoothly. Work with customer and program team to manage purchasing priorities on a daily basis.
- Support procurement workflow responsibilities, to include technical reviews, compiling brand-name justifications, tracking metrics, and funding transfers and allocations.
- Monitor individual orders as they move through the procurement workflow to ensure metrics are met and order data is accurate. Troubleshoot and resolve issues with schedule or quality as needed.
- Provide project management support for production of installation kits.
- Prepare reports for PM and external stakeholders using SQL queries and/or Excel pivot tables.
- Develop and maintain business process requirements.
- Provide inView Help Desk support by serving as a website administrator; tasks include user account processing, project code maintenance, creation of ad hoc lists and reports, maintenance of computer xml scripts, monitoring user work flow operations, and monitoring of ingest data. Monitor progress of all open tickets.
- Participate in analysis, design, and testing for inView application:
- Work with the software developers to define requirements to solve business issues and replicate business rules.
- Plan, create and review specifications for information systems designers.
- Develop and deliver user training.
- Develop, test, and maintain user manual/work instructions/procedures.
- Perform other system and acceptance tasks as required.
- Suggest application changes based on business rule changes and customer needs.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Business, Accounting or a related scientific/technical discipline with 5-8 years’ experience. An additional 4 years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to work with customers and program team to identify and shift priorities as needed to meet project schedules.
- Ability to develop/conduct database queries and analyze data to provide PM and customer with information about order statuses and funding transactions.
- Ability to track ongoing actions (for example, material rejection reports, funding updates, help tickets) to closure.
- Ability to work identify improvement enhancements to purchasing system, and work with software developer to identify requirements for implementation.
- Ability to work as part of a team and be organized in a complex and fast-paced environment.
- Per contractual requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Experience with utilizing SQL, VBA, and Excel (to include pivot tables) to generate existing reports and create new reports based on program requirements.
- Experience with material purchasing processes in support of government contracts.
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical fabrication, basic engineering processes, and configuration management.
- Experience completing root cause analysis for non-conforming products.
- Familiarity with software development life cycle processes, report writing tools Microsoft Reporting Services and IBM Cognos, and basic database structures.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.