The Leidos Intelligence Group is seeking a System Engineer (SE) for a large, multi-year contract supporting critical development programs.
The SE will support the entire development lifecycle, including systems requirements solicitation, analysis, design, development, testing, integration, documentation and maintenance of new systems, as well as operations and maintenance of current systems.
The SE will work directly with stakeholders (e.g., customer and users) to establish on-going system requirements. This environment will require a close working relationship between the SE and other subject matter experts.
The SE will be collocated with the customer and will be required at times to respond “off-hours” to user needs.
- 12+ years’ combined technical experience on advanced systems and Bachelor's degree in related field or 2+ additional years of related experience required. Master's preferred.
- Communicate and collaborate well with stakeholders, both oral and written.
- Solicit and analyze user requirements to derive requirements
- Provide recommendations for improving current systems
- Assist with developing and executing operations and maintenance procedures
- Extensive experience with operations and maintenance of advanced systems.
- Experience on large program consisting of engineering and operations support.
- Demonstrated ability to address complex technical and operational challenges
- Experience assisting other technical and operational staff with complex tasks and assignments.
- Experience working as a member of a multidisciplinary project team that may include engineers, scientists, designers, and technicians
- Significant verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment; present and explain technical and operational information to colleagues, management or sponsors.
- An active TS/SCI and willingness to be polygraphed is required in order to be considered for this position.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.