Leidos is seeking a Dev-Ops Engineer on a Cyber Security contract. The candidate will perform a variety of assignments associated with managing and maintaining a SOAR application and completing integrations with a distributed streaming platform (DSP). The position will be part of a growing IT team working on multiple information systems in a high-demand setting. The candidate will be supporting additional technologies as needed.
At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more.
The candidate will work to:
- Develop a deep understanding of the Splunk Phantom (SOAR product)
- Develop a deep understanding of the Splunk User Behavior Analytics (UBA product)
- Work directly with customers and team members to provide On-prem and Cloud Support
- Perform SOAR integrations with customer security systems
- Assist with the deployment and daily maintenance of the DSP platform
- Troubleshoot technical issues to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround across a range of environments
- Create knowledge base articles and other documentation to assist customers
- Create playbooks in order to leverage automation and orchestration capabilities
- May collaborate with Amazon Web Services (AWS) for administration of AWS native services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage (S3) and Amazon Simple DB/RDS databases, AWS Identity and Access Management IAM
To be successful in this role, you must have the following:
- 8 years of related experience in software development and IT Operations
- Passionate about technology with a strong desire to work in a fast-paced technical environment
- Works well as part of a team and contributes to continuous improvement
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of assigned tasks
- Must have experience in: UNIX systems (Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX), Python, Databases, Java, and working knowledge of Messaging Service Tools
- Must understand basic CI/CD concepts
- Good understanding of Relational Databases
- Good understanding of DevOps and Agile methodologies
- Good understanding of DSP technologies such as Confluent Kafka
To further your success in this role, it helps to have:
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies
- AWS Solutions Architect certification
- Security+ certification
- Experience with data structures and algorithms
- Experience with performing API integrations
- An ability to convey technical concepts clearly
- Must be a US Citizen
- Minimum Interim Secret
- Eligible for fully adjudicated Secret clearance
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.