Leidos currently has an opening for a Windows System Administrator (SA) to work in our Arlington, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your gain experience helping multiple contracts and missions. This position will support multiple programs and projects housed at that location. We are looking for a System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage software, hardware and networks. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. The perspective candidate should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly, have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. The candidate will maintain workstations and servers by deploying monthly patches and Virus Definition updates along with any major changes needing to be made to ensure security standards are being maintained. This role’s goal will be to ensure that technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently to ensure mission success. This role will also assist in policy development and other aspects of information assurance as directed. In addition, the perspective candidate will be part of a remediation team to assist with incident response activities.
- Execute installation, operation, and maintenance of Windows 10 and Server 2012 -2016 networks.
- Supports the Information System Security Manager as directed.
- Responsible for setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, and allocating mass storage space.
- Handles networking support administration, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software.
- Assists with the scheduling, planning, and oversight of system upgrades. Assists in planning for upgrades and replacements for the program assets reaching the end of their life cycle.
- Supports asset acquisition, installation, configuration, and maintenance.
- Performs administrative level installation, configuration, and maintenance on all components/assets associated with the program.
- Supports senior staff as required and ensures customer requirements and project milestones are met.
- Interfaces with functional users in both routine and reactive monitoring situations. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Performs fault isolation and diagnostic/assessment functions to include determination and execution of corrective actions(s) on real-time basis.
- BS degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
Knowledge of Microsoft applications and basic computer skills
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.