Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries. Leidos is seeking a DevSecOps and Analytics Subject Matter Expert (Associate) for a position as part of a team supporting the Defense Information Security Agency (DISA) at Ft Meade. This is a telework friendly position but will require the employee to report to the site as required by the customer.
The Subject Matter Expert is responsible for supporting tasks on the contract related to the UCSA DevSecOps. This includes development of tools, analytics, and visualization capabilities supporting the DCO warfighter with the objective of delivering value to the end user as quickly and securely as possible. In the context of this effort, an analytic is described as a coded algorithm (or set of algorithms) that perform a mathematical operation on ingested data. An analytic capability is an application pulling together one or more analytics with a visualization component to view and/or manipulate data. Analytic capabilities can be defined as applications developed as GOTS or existing COTS solutions.
- Under broad direction, provides expert support, analysis and research into especially complex problems, and processes relating to the subject matter.
- Serves as technical expert on high-level project teams providing technical direction, interpretation and alternatives.
- Thinks independently and demonstrates superior written and oral communications skills.
- Possesses a complete understanding and wide experience in the application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organizational objectives. Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects.
- Expertise is in a particular area of Information Technology (e.g., Information Systems Architecture, Telecommunications Systems Design, Architecture, Implementation, Information Systems Integration, Software Development Methodologies, Security Engineering, Communications and Network Systems Management), or a specific functional area (e.g., finance, logistics, and operations research).
- BA/BS in a technical discipline with at least 5 years of experience, additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Proficient in Python
- Qualified IA personnel IAW DoDD 8570 and DoDD 8140, minimum of IAT II.
- Active Secret Clearance Required with ability to obtain a Top Secret
- US Citizenship
- Expertise in BDP
- Expertise developing applications on the Apache Hadoop Map Reduce framework.
- Expertise developing dashboards and Technology Add-ons (TAs) for Splunk.
- Familiarity with coding applications that utilize the following cloud backend components: Elastic, Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), Hadoop Database (HBASE), Accumulo, PostgreSQL, Storm, Spark, Kafka, and various middleware components.
- Expertise in modern software architecture frameworks, service oriented architecture and design patterns.
- Expertise in developing and calling web services (Representational State Transfer (REST), Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP), etc.) APIs and frameworks to interact with various data producers and consumers.
- Experience with DISA Network Enclaves
- Experience with tools like Maven and Sonatype Nexus
- Experience wtih Full Stack development (front and back-end)
- Experience with front-end frameworks like Vue.js, Angular, and/or React.
- Experience with software repo and build tools like Gitlab, GitHub, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with popular cloud platforms like AWS or AWS GovCloud
- Experience with Kubernetes or other containerization orchestration platforms.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.