The Capture Manager (CM) is responsible for providing effective capture leadership to the Homeland Security Solutions Operation (HSS) running mid-size, complex captures in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) markets. The CM will establish the strategy and capture plan, perform market analysis, monitor competitor activity, drive winning solutions, and contribute to overall Leidos growth and win rates. He/she will develop, organize and execute significant capture activities including building industry teams, provide oversight and development of the cost volume, assessing win probability and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers.
The CM must thrive in a dynamic environment where they are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life-cycle process across multiple, simultaneous pursuits and proposals. The CM is expected to exercise sound judgement within broadly defined practices and policies; regularly interact with all levels of management, functional POCs, staff, and customers and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy. The CM will be responsible for development and management of capture budgets and execute their duties with budget management in mind. Characteristics necessary for success include: business and technical vision; strategic thinking, analytical presentation and problem solving skills; the ability to gain internal support; the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, manager, peers; and demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budget, capabilities required, customer preferences, competitive environment, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses
- Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices
- Serve Division Managers and Operation senior staff as the lead for call plan development and execution, and provide detailed reports on follow up activities after plan execution
- Plan and participate in capture activities, to include opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, collaboration sessions, proposal reviews
- Interact routinely with Operation and Group management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers
- Brief capture status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process, when material changes occur and as needed
- Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions
- Develop and monitor execution of capture budgets
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 4 – 8 years of related experience or Master’s Degree in a related field and 2 – 6 year of related experience
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions
- A proven track record of successful capture management across multiple DHS/FBI or other relevant organizations at a variety of acquisitions sizes and types
- Experience working within the DHS/FBI community
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information and reports
- Demonstrated access to key customers and industry partners
- Ability to obtain Top Secret clearance.
- Experience with DHS/FBI budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Prior business development experience in the DHS/FBI market
- Advanced degree
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish solid working relationships with technical staff, managers and peers within the Group and across Leidos
- Top Secret Clearance.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.