The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Network Engineer and Site Lead at Fort Meade, MD.
The Network Engineer will support the US Army to operate and maintain the IT for INSCOM. The ideal candidate will lead the team that is responsible for network design, engineering, operations, and to ensure that the organization's network infrastructure is operating securely, reliably and efficiently.
This individual also acts as the Site Lead addressing local staffing and reporting requirements, interfacing across multiple teams, with the local Government Customer leadership and reporting up the Leidos Program Manager.
- Point of contact / accountable for all aspects of technical requirements and manages the hands-on, day-to-day issues related to operational activities, and is authorized to act on site-specific matters relating to the daily operation of the task order
- Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
- Analyzes network requirements and capacity and leads design and development activities
- Provides technical leadership for the integration of network requirements, design, and technology
- Incorporates new network plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
- Develops network architecture and network design solutions and documentation
- Guides network development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of network engineering management plans and network integration and test plans
- Design and perform integration of new technologies into local and wide area networks
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of complex network problems
- Manage the transition and migration of networks and development of network addressing schemes
- Monitors device and network health, configurations, information assurance patching to ensure network systems meet technical, performance and availability requirements
- Interacts with the Government and team members across multiple technical areas regarding Network Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts
- Maintain required security posture on all network equipment in accordance with DoD and local command mandates and requirements, including updates, STIGs, IOS upgrades, and other basic network security requirements
- Acts as first-level supervisor for site employees. Provides guidance and direction to lower level technicians, specialists, and managers
- Bachelor's degree in technology related field with 6+ years of experience with Network Engineering, Network Administration, Systems Administration.
- Currently possess an active TS/SCI
- Experience with data center design, implementation, and operation
- Experience with cloud service technologies and best practices
- Working knowledge of Cisco and Nexus networking technologies
- Working knowledge of Network Performance Monitoring tools
- Experience with IP Encryptor configuration and maintenance
- Understanding of network security best practices and protocols such as IPSec
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of IT professionals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Currently possess DoD 8570.01 certification at IAT Level II, such as Security+ CE
- Currently possess Networking-related certification, such as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Currently possess Computing Environment certification such as CCNP or other Professional Level network certification in a relevant subject
- Experience with Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- IT services management certification, such as ITIL Foundation
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.