The Surveillance and Reconnaissance Group (SRG) currently has an opening for a Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Mechanic supporting an OCONUS-based manned ISR program. Leidos is the Lead Systems Integrator for manned aircraft providing imagery and multi-source data for both real-time and post mission analysis.
The Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Mechanic, Facility Equipment performs inspections, scheduled maintenance, and repairs on all powered and non-powered aviation ground support equipment to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) specifications used at the OCONUS locations with minimum supervision. The GSE mechanic reports directly to the Program Manager and Site Lead and maintains direct liaison with the aircraft maintenance and primary mission equipment (PME) teams.
This position is contingent upon program award. This is a deployed position and pay is commensurate.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preventive, Routine, Periodic, Repair and Overhaul maintenance and inspections. GSE and non-aviation repairs and overhauls will be accomplished in accordance with applicable manufacturer’s manuals and/or industry standard specifications for each piece of equipment.
- Ensure the safety and serviceability of all aviation Ground Support Equipment.
- Manage equipment maintenance/inspection and historical records for equipment.
- Enter required data on maintenance forms and in Sprocket.
- Maintains hand and powered tools in an orderly manner, with tool control process for FOD prevention and safety.
- Duties will involve working with fuels, oils, lubricants, and chemical cleaners and solutions.
To be considered for this position candidates must:
- Have a High School Diploma and a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience
- General mechanic experience maintaining GSE to include:
- Diagnosing engine mechanical issues and repair (Diesel, gas and LP).
- Troubleshooting A / C and D / C electrical systems, as well as troubleshoot and repair hydraulic systems.
- Reading electrical and hydraulic flow schematics.
- Basic Computer Skills - Must be able to type using a standard keyboard to communicate through e-mail and various software applications.
- Active DoD Secret clearance with the ability to maintain.
- Must have a valid CDL License w/Haz Mat Endorsement
- Be willing to work long hours and/or non-regular hours (which may include day shift, swing shift, night shift or weekend shift as required) with minimal notice, willing to fly in the aircraft and work in austerior locations for long periods of time.
- Be able to obtain a U.S. passport to travel internationally and willing to deploy for rotations of at least 90 days with 90 days off during non-rotation periods (live anywhere).
- Be able to successfully accomplish the CONUS Replacement Center course which requires a deployment physical, immunizations and training.
- May be required
- To wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Work in normal office environment, maintenance shop or outside.
- Work in a shop where the environment is drafty, noisy, and dirty and be exposed to extreme noise from operating equipment.
- Exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts or vehicles.
- Ability to crawl in and out of tight spaces, comfortable work at elevated heights of at least 40 feet for extended periods of time, and lift, balance, and carry 50 lbs. and able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Military technical school degree
- Vocational training certificate, or specialized courses in powered ground service maintenance are preferred.
- A working knowledge of generators
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.