At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
We are in search of a Help desk technician with developer aspirations to join our team that supports a mission critical document repository that gathers digitized medical evidence for claimants with over 3 billion documents that grows by millions more per day. Join us in supporting our Social Security Administration contract in Woodlawn Maryland.
Take your career to the next level! This a great opportunity for an early career hire or candidate looking for a career change. Are you a motivated self-starter and adept at critical thinking and problem solving in a technical space? Do you possess drive and determination to figure out new technologies? Are you comfortable with completing work tasks with little oversight? Do you crave learning new things?
Day to Day Responsibilities
Find your “Why” with us!
Every position we take is more rewarding when you know the why behind it. Know your work makes a difference to support those who need it most. If your passion is enabling life changing service to those around you this is the place for you. Find your passion in a team environment where all members are valued regardless of contractor or employee status. We are excited for you to take your place in our Leidos Family.
- Interacting with customers to handle technical service inquiries and problems
- Managing and manipulating PDF/TIFF documents including encrypting, decrypting, splitting, merging, and optimizing files
- Assisting with retrieval or storage of documents from document manage systems (e.g. IBM CMOD)
- Resolving complex technical issues/problems using internal best practice and through collaboration with colleagues
- Developing solutions to technical problems that require depth of technical knowledge
- Gathering metrics on incidents and responses to determine how to improve support
- Communicating clearly, concisely, and professionally to technical and non-technical customers
- All other duties as assigned or directed
Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Hands-on experience working in Incident, Problem, and Change Management disciplines
- Prior experience as a service desk analyst, troubleshooting and resolving technical issues
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Experience with help desk tools such as Micro Focus Service Manager, Jira, or ServiceNow
- Strong experience resolving technical issues in a Windows IT environment
- Experience managing and manipulating PDF/TIFF documents including encrypting, decrypting, splitting, merging, and optimizing files
- Experience using document manage systems (e.g. IBM CMOD) to check-in and check-out documents
- Basic knowledge of C#, .Net Core, Web API and concurrent programming
- An in-depth knowledge of Social Security Administration (SSA) modern development environment
- Basic knowledge of OCR libraries (Nuance/Kofax, ABBYY FineReader)
- Basic knowledge of document conversion libraries (iText, PDFNet, LeadTools)
- Basic experience with automated unit testing, TDD, BDD, and associated technologies (NUnit, xUnit, Moq, SpecFlow, TestServer)
- Basic knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, DB2, Oracle), SQL, and ORM technologies (ODBC / .Net Entity Framework, NHibernate, Dapper)
- Experience in an Agile development team, preferably Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
Key Required Skills: IT Help Desk, Basic Windows, Document Management (PDF/TIFF), Software Development (C#/.Net)
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field
- Master’s or Doctorate’s degree may substitute for required experience
- 2+ years of experience on IT help desk Incident, Problem, and Change Management disciplines
- 1 year of experience with C#/.Net systems/application analysis & design
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Leidos’ Health Group is recognized as a Top 10 Health IT provider. We draw on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. From the research bench to the patient bedside, we are a company of scientists, engineers, and technologists delivering a broad range of impactful, customizable, and scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health. Leidos works with customers across the continuum of care to improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes with innovative solutions that advance the next generation of care. Our mission is to contribute to creating a healthier world.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.