The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Security Manager, contingent upon contract award, in Rockville, MD
- Responsible for physical and logical security of data and applications residing within the data center
- Development and delivery of IT security standards, best practices, architecture and systems to ensure information system security across the enterprise.
- Conducts studies within and outside the organization to ensure compliance with standards and currency with industry security norms.
- Implement processes and methods for auditing and addressing non-compliance to information security standards, and facilitate migration of non-compliant environments to compliant environments.
- Report data and application security incidents and events to both data center and Government personnel and recommend remediation for immediate execution.
- Ensure proper protection or corrective measures have been taken when an incident or vulnerability has been discovered within a system
- Oversee security scans and other tools used to identify and detect security vulnerabilities in data and applications.
- Advise customer on Risk Management Framework (RMF) assessment and authorization issues
- Ensure configuration management (CM) for security-relevant changes to software, hardware, and firmware and that they are properly documented
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent with 12 years of relevant experience
- CISSP, CISM, or other relevant security-related certification
- Experience with practical application of current/emergent technologies, agile IT, ITIL and continuous improvement practices and techniques in security area.
- Demonstrated skills in development and delivery of IT security standards, best practices, architecture and systems to ensure information system security across the enterprise.
- 10+ years of experience with physical and logical security of data and applications residing within the data center
- Knowledgeable in information systems security in order to assure enforcement of the HHS regulations.
- Minimum of 12 years of IT experience with a focus on security and compliance with 3 years of leading a team.
- Significant knowledge and experience with legal, privacy, and regulatory compliance standards such as NIST 800-171, CMMC, ISO27001, SOC2, FedRAMP, GDPR.
- Knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF) assessment and authorization in both compliance and security context.
- Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities and its remediation practices
- Experience in securing the public cloud such as AWS, GCP and Azure
- Prior experience with Health and Human Services agencies.
- Knowledge of HHS policies and processes
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.