Leidos Corporate is seeking a Business Intelligence Engineer to join our CIO Services group. In this role, you will be part of our Business Intelligence and Systems Integration team responsible for business analytics, data visualization / dashboard, data development, reporting and management of data warehouse systems. You will collaborate with technical team members, analysts, and process owners and contribute throughout the data management lifecycle process in areas such as data acquisition, management, manipulation, and data / reports analysis in Enterprise Data Warehouse environment.
- Work directly with business teams, stakeholders and other cross functional teams to gather, document functional and technical requirements in epics and user stories with clear acceptance criteria.
- Create new and maintain existing Cognos artifacts using best practice standards to minimize performance impact and ensure that all reports follow an approved path to production and are designed to meet SOX, audit and security requirements.
- Monitor and perform troubleshoot Cognos helpdesk tickets and provide superior customer support.
- Create, enhance, and maintain Framework Manager models to support business requirements.
- Research, analyze, identify, and resolve issues within current systems and determine the best course of action to correct the issues.
- Participate in all phases of development, testing and implementation of various projects.
- Coordinate with data architecture and modeling team to analyze and design solutions to meet the business requirements.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment and interact effectively with other departments in the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technically relevant degree and minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in business intelligence / data warehouse analysis.
- Prior experience must include experience with Cognos Analytics 11.X BI Suite and Cognos Financial reporting.
- Experience working with relational databases such as Oracle and SQL Server with strong knowledge in SQL.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and debugging skills, sufficient to provide accurate problem analysis to the business unit and follow up with documentation.
- Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with senior officials across the organization.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize workload.
- US citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance.
- IBM Cognos Analytics 11.X certification.
- Experience with Cognos SDK
- Experience with other reporting tools such as Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC), PowerBI, data science toolsets and Toad Data Point.
- Experience with ETL/ELT tools such as Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Informatica.
- Reporting and analytics experience with Deltek Costpoint and T&E.
- Understanding of PL/SQL scripts.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.