The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking an Email Administrator, contingent upon contract award, in Rockville, MD
- Administering and maintaining the HHS organization's email systems.
- Monitors email server performance and email routing by carrying out various qualitative assessments and spot checks on network performance levels.
- Creates user accounts and maintains security levels on databases, and assist the help desk to troubleshoot and resolve email issues.
- Monitors existing messaging infrastructure and server usage, ensuring proper working order.
- Meets with Government managers to initiate strategies to solve existing issues with network connections and to discuss plans to expand the scale of the email network if required.
- Preparing informative documents relating to customer usage and specific system standards, and ensures email systems meet the service level requirements defined in this performance work statement. T
- Documents internal policies and develops training for end-users.
- Provide implementation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and monitoring support
- Support efforts to collect data, conduct analysis, develop, and implement solutions associated with incident tickets and requirements.
- Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for root cause analysis, operational assessment and process improvement initiatives.
- Support customer requirements in a 24/7/365 environment and be able to provide on-call support during outages occurring after hours (on a rotating basis).
- Collaborate with peers and other service lanes to perform network latency analysis to address slow connections and user experience issues.
- Support issues related to group mailboxes and distribution lists to include designating an end-user(s) as the group mailbox owner.
- Manage and operate email routing devices and services
- Interface with Microsoft for any Tier 3 support.
- Perform day-to-day management and administration for Exchange Online system within an Office 365 hybrid/cloud environment.
- Manage, maintain, and troubleshoot email retentions systems
- Manage roles and services, user permissions, email queues, and dynamic distribution groups.
- Implementation of Exchange PowerShell to fulfill automation tasks
- B.S. in Computer science or equivalent with 8 years of relevant experience
- Microsoft 365 Certification
- Hands on experience with implementation, deployment, migration, and support for Exchange Online, including working with Exchange Hybrid servers
- Strong communication skills and experience partnering with senior IT and Program leadership
- Understanding of ITIL concepts
- Customer Service – works well with clients and other vendors in achieving mission success and is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Strong Communication Skills – be able to expresses key ideas and obtain tangible feedback from cross-functional team members and stakeholders.
- Experience with interacting with service lanes to handle service inquiries and problems.
- Experience with Office 365 and Microsoft Exchange 2016
- Experience with Scripting/Automation through Exchange PowerShell or other scripting languages
- Experience troubleshooting issues in a growing environment.
- Time management skills with the ability to work within an IT Service Management/ticketing system (Service Now) independently
- Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results.
- Ability to triage and properly classify incidents and prioritize work efforts accordingly
- Experience with log reviews, incident analysis, and identification of issue trends
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.