Leidos is seeking a Lead Program Cost Analyst with Earned Value Management (EVM) and forecasting / budgeting experience to join our fast-paced and exciting Business Operations team supporting the United States Antarctic Program (USAP). Leidos is the prime contractor for the Antarctic Support Contract (ASC), which operates three research stations, two research vessels, and many field camps all in support of Science. Our customer is the National Science Foundation (NSF).
The Lead Program Cost Analyst will lead the Antarctic Infrastructure and Modernization for Science (AIMS) Program Finance team and work directly with the Program Manager to help define the program's goals and objectives. The AIMS Program is a complex multi-year construction project which will modernize Antarctica’s largest research station. The successful candidate will create and maintain the AIMS Program budget and schedule, to include: analyzing progress reported against the program baseline; identifying risks and opportunities against the program baseline; and recommending actions to improve progress to achieve flawless program execution.
Utilizing EVM concepts and reporting, the Lead Program Cost Analyst will prepare and present financial forecasts, reports, and analytics. This role participates in EVM surveillances, Customer reviews, new business proposals, prepares on-contract proposals for customers, and creates ASC pre-proposal pricing data. The incumbent will apply working knowledge of multiple contract types, tools, and processes to support program audits and ensure policy / program compliance.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Works directly with Director, Program Manager and Cost Account Manager (CAM)
- Leads the AIMS project controls team. Responsible for providing coaching and distributing tasks to direct reports
- Budgets and forecasts costs in COBRA (budget and earned value system)
- Oversees program financial month-end processes including Program and FP&A tasks, such as: program EAC / forecasting, subcontractor costs evaluation, contract modification approvals, creating CPRs and VAR reports, and supporting the Monthly Customer cost reports.
- Works closely with Scheduling partners to consolidate data from CAMs and Finance Analysts to create and maintain accurate, credible budgets and forecasts
- Integrates changes within the customer / budgeting environment into corporate financial projections
- Understands and applies Leidos cost structures, business architecture, and financial policies
- Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives that have significant impact on operational results and project deliverables
- Understand Earned Value Management and Major Facility Guidelines
- Bachelor's Degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience; or a Master's Degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experience
- 3-5 years construction project accounting experience
- Comprehensive program finance experience; familiar with federal CPFF/CPIF/FFP type contracts
- Demonstrated history of analytical experience, including data reporting on complex topics and the ability to incorporate such topics into financial forecasts
- Proactive approach to complex problems and the drive to problem-solve autonomously
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate complex topics to program participants, customer, and senior leadership
- Team player – Be able to jump in where needed attitude
- Must be able to work competing priorities and multiple projects
- Experience using COBRA planning tool or similar budgeting / forecasting tool
- Must possess proven capability and experience working both tandem and serial tasks, with a self-motivated and can do attitude.
- Advanced technical skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Finance-related degree
- Expertise with Earned Value Management (EVM) concepts and reporting
- FAR/GAAP/SOX Knowledge
- Strong understanding of government contracting industry / environment and complex contract types
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel and financial modeling
- Government Cost Performance Report (CPR) knowledge
- Experience creating Basis of Estimates (BOEs), pricing, and proposals
Pay Range:Pay Range $68,900.00 - $106,000.00 - $143,100.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.