Leidos Operational Accounting is seeking an experienced Inventory Accountant for an important role for our growing inventory accounting team, reporting to the Senior Manager of Accounting. The successful candidate will join a team of collaborators focused on quality, transformation, and employee development, while embracing our Leidos Values. The ideal candidate will lead be versatile and apply accounting guidance to real world situations, work collaboratively with employees, often in a global environment.
We are looking for a candidate who lives near one of our finance hubs: Tucson - AZ, Oak Ridge - TN, Huntsville - AL, or Reston - VA. This is a primarily telework position with about 20% onsite work for team collaboration and coordination.
- Proactively assist with the accounting and monitoring of $250M of Leidos inventory held across dozens of domestic and international locations.
- Responsible for reconciling general ledger to subledger, variance analysis, administrating physical inventory counts for multiple warehouses, and other journal entries as deemed necessary for inventory accounting maintenance.
- Preparation of internal and external ad hoc reporting and audit deliverables in accordance with GAAP ASC 330 and Accounting for Inventory Policy.
- Ensure timely communication, escalation and resolution of lease accounting questions, issues and requests from internal and external customers.
- Maintaining a high level of customer service within our team and among other teams by creating transparent processes, effective communications, and developing ways to eliminate process bottlenecks.
- Become familiar with accounting policies to ensure compliance.
- Recommend and implement process improvements as appropriate to simplify, standardize and streamline efforts.
- Willingness to volunteer for new projects or tasks that are required as issues arise.
- Willingness to train new team members or customers from other departments on various topics related to inventory.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with 2-4 years of related experience or a Masters of Accounting with less than 2 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledgeable of basic accounting principles, specifically Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to independently study concepts and policies with the goal of shortening the learning curve
- Strong computer skills including being proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Should have a flexible work schedule and the willingness to work additional hours during surge or accounting close weeks
- Prior inventory experience and/or experience with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements preferred
- Competitive salary for regional and market condition
- Signing bonus
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company match 401K retirement plan
- Paid time off, paid holidays, and flexible personal leave
- Paid maternity leave - and much more
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.