The Leidos AIE team has an openings for a Technician / Specialist on our Tier 2 End User Support team. This opening supports our program that is being deployed to Army installations in CONUS, AK, HI and PR. Our main home office is based in Edgewood MD and houses the program team, warehouse operations, system integration lab, Help Desk operation, engineering center and full-scale replicas of an Installation Access Control Point with Tier 1 & 2 Lane and Visitor Control Center registration equipment.
Responsible for maintaining the day to day operational status and test readiness of the AIE Lab /Warehouse Tier 1 & 2 equipment. Work with Subject Matter Experts to respond, troubleshoot, diagnose and repair system trouble tickets as generated from the AIE Help Desk. Additional duties may include: performing tasks relating to AIE applications such as AMAG and Hawkeye COTS software, including installing and configuring these applications onto Windows based workstations, servers and handheld scanners; maintaining support tools, configurations, recovery and back-up procedures, and making recommendations regarding system enhancements and/or improvements; support Fielding/Installation teams and other Technicians/Engineers responsible for ensuring system specifications and capabilities are met.
Primary duties include:
- Maintain Lab/Warehouse Tier 1 & 2 documentation and operational status of AIE equipment.
- Troubleshooting related to the build/operation of systems in the field or our Edgewood MD facility.
- Work with Tier 2 Support and Help Desk teams to resolve Trouble Tickets.
- Conduct testing of installed and configured systems to perform remedial maintenance and troubleshooting to bring inoperative systems back to an operational state.
- Provide assistance with assembly/build of control boxes, panels, etc. in warehouse prior to fielding.
- Requires a High School Diploma
- Requires 1+ year of experience with the following:
- Installation and configuration of Microsoft Operating Systems (e.g., Windows 10, 8.1, Server 2012, Server 2016, etc.).
- Diagnostic troubleshooting and repair of client workstations, servers, handheld devices.
- Set up and maintenance of Android devices.
- Knowledge of server RAID arrays.
- Requires the desire to learn and work within a team environment.
- Must be a US Citizen and possess or be eligible for a Secret clearance.
- Requires the ability to travel to Army installations ~25% of the time.
- College coursework and/or degree in engineering or computer network administration are desired.
- Work experience and Microsoft certifications maybe substituted for college degree.
- Microsoft related certifications and product certifications and A+ desired but not required.
This position is a “hands-on” position working as part of a team at our facilities in Edgewood, MD
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.